Skip to content
Cincinnati Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Michael Klinger
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Rancho Mirage, CA
Votes |
Who can boil down the speediest eviction scenario in Cincinnati?

Michael Klinger
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Rancho Mirage, CA
Posted Jun 5 2018, 10:43

Who can boil down the speediest eviction scenario in Cincinnati (Hamilton County, Ohio)?

I am in my 6th month of owning three multi-family properties in Cincinnati (64 units total). Due to distance in the area, 1/3 of the units are with one management company and 2/3 with another. I inherited tenants on three differently worded leases, all a little different based on property and previous owners.

A handful of evictions have been needed on both ends. All of these were handled as per the management company and with their preferred procedure/attorney, etc.

What I am curious about is if someone can boil down the speediest (AKA -- most aggressive) eviction that could be put in place that will fly with the county court and the law. I have a slightly different interpretation from each management company and I've also seen this guide on the county site linked below. I'm not saying that I would always handle it this way, just want to get clear on fastest possible scenario if ever needed.

https://courtclerk.org/self-help-resources/landlor...

Mainly in the "confusion" of the ownership changes, In retrospect the response to non-paying tenants that need to go has been too slow and I want to rectify that in the future, by making sure we are moving as quickly as the law will allow and in the confines of the leases already in place.

Loading replies...