• Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Another good reason to invest in Oklahoma, locals only please LOL

Rhett Tullis
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Posted Nov 12 2021, 15:27

While okc is not the ideal spot in the country for many things our laws are and have been very landlord "friendly"  I can't imagine something like this going down in my lifetime here.  While I can understand some of the desire for rent control there are other more practical and productive ways to assist families in need of housing (IE fix the broken section 8 programs around the country)  

I would prefer however that all of you out of state investors get out of "our town" so that the prices can go back to normal for us locals, which should in turn help keep rents down a bit locally .....(joking of course).  

I a sure you have all noticed the folks on here that are "pushing" our market and getting you all in a tizzy till you want to invest here.  While this is a great market watch the folks that are pushing things a bit too hard on the sales side,  always be sure the market fits your needs and expectations before jumping in.  Don't fall for the first pretty website/email/post with a promise of great "easy passive" returns.  This business is hard work and even more so when politicians do things like this.  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/r...