Any Investors looking to buy outside of Tulsa?

12 Replies

I have a seller in Bartlesville OK who cannot afford the taxes and insurance on a 2 bed 1 bath property. I did a walk through and it needs work in every room of the house, eventually a new roof, new windows, and possibly an HVAC system. Would be a nice rental at $500-550 per month.

How much ?  What is the county tax valuation and neighborhood for comps?  Sounds ok if the price is right and all.  Phil

It’s A little over 14,000 and I am waiting for the realtor to get back with me on comps

@Cheree Harris I buy all over Oklahoma, and own other rentals near Bartlesville.  Send me the details, and depending on repair needs, I may be interested.  

I pretty much buy SFRs priced below 65% ARV minus repairs or below 50x monthly rent minus repairs and anywhere within the following:

• Within 25 miles radius around OKC Metro
  • Almost anywhere in NE Oklahoma
  • North and East of OKC along I-35 and east to Arkansas state line, along I-40 and north to Kansas state line.

And will look at Multi-Units (below 50X monthly rents), Commercial Properties, or Acreage ANYWHERE in Oklahoma or Surrounding States. 

- 4Lease4Sale

@Jeff Filali I’m waiting on a realtor in Bartlesville to get back with me on the comps today. As soon as I get those numbers I will have a good idea whether this is going to work and will let you know.

All I need is the address and repair needs cost.  I don't depend on others for comps. 

@Jeff Filali the address is 1503 Oak, Bartlesville, OK. With all of the work that needs to be done, looking at between $10-15k to make it look decent. He says its valued at $15k and will only take $5k to repair and rent out but I beg to differ. I made an offer of less than he is asking and he refused. He is asking $10k firm. No owner carry.

@Phil Hartten the owner is asking $10k firm. Cost of repairs is anywhere between $10-15k and this includes replacing some pretty heavily damaged aluminum windows.

@Cheree Harris At $10K plus $2500 in closing plus even $10K in repairs, that's $22,500.  The Windows alone would probably be $3K-5K. Add in paint (in/out) and new flooring, which I do both on every property I buy before renting them, that's at least another $5K.  Plus we all know there's probably other needed repairs.  If it was a 3Bed maybe, but being a small 672 sq ft 2 Bedroom, there's no way.  The most I'd consider would be around $7K tops and I'd have to send my GC to confirm repairs first. 

@Jeff Filali I totally agree. I made an offer of $5k and he turned it down stating that he was firm on his price and the house is work $15k. Comps in the area close to that size are between $1400 and $10k.

@Cheree Harris @Jeff Filali Working in Bartlesville and driving past the property. It's pretty rough. the westside of town is also pretty rough. You both are on the right path for offering/suggesting less than $10K. 
County Records show it is 672 sq. ft.
Best of Luck with the process and let me know if I can be of service!!

@Donnie Martens thank you! Are you an investor? I may have two other potentials. Waiting on one to call me back after initial inquiry and one just called and left a message today.

@Cheree Harris , I'm not an active investor. I'm working hard to get a few line items straightened out!! Again if you need any boots of the ground in the Bartlesville or Owaso area. Please let me know and I'll be happy to help!!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here