What is the demand like for a 2/2 hours in Tulsa

5 Replies

I am looking at purchasing a duplex in Tulsa that is a 3/2 on one side and 2/2 on the other.  Does anyone have any insight as to how 2/2 homes do in the Tulsa market?  All of my properties are at least 3 bedrooms so don’t know if the demand is still there and how much of a hit you take on rent.

I think you'll do OK. 2 bedrooms are desirable for single people too. My units are all in the same area, so I don't charge much differently between 2 or 3 BR . The most steady tenants I have are single people. Roommates tend to "break up" or argue more. Young couples with a kid are good too, except they usually move on to their own homes (at least for me) If you're up by TU, you will get lots of turnover. :)

I have found the demand for 2 bed units is just as high or higher right now in the Tulsa area.  Don't go into it thinking single people or what their roommate situation might be.  Remember familial status is a protected class

Originally posted by @Tracy Streich :

I have found the demand for 2 bed units is just as high or higher right now in the Tulsa area.  Don't go into it thinking single people or what their roommate situation might be.  Remember familial status is a protected class

True enough, when yer right, yer right. I was addressing the desirability aspect of a typical 2 br unit for an owner who claims no experience in smaller units, not suggesting one "filter" or exclude applicants based on familial aspects. IOW--Imma fan of 2 br units.

Thank you so much for both your responses!

I lease a ton of 2 beds and I never have any trouble filling them up. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here