Career advice needed! - Portland/Gresham

2 Replies

A short back story.  I am 26 years old and have been in the auto sales industry for the last 3 years.  I am decently good at it and make about 50-60k a year.  In December I closed on my first property a house hack triplex out in Gresham OR (near Portland).  Ever since I discovered BP I have dove head first into eating, sleeping, and breathing real estate.  I don't particularly like my job and am looking to find something I can do that is in the real estate space.  I have thought about mortgage broker, real estate agent, or maybe property manager, but do not know if they will be a good fit.  I feel like there has to be a company or individual I can work with that can use my obsession with real estate.  If anyone has any idea's that might point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it!  Thanks in advance!

@Chris Gibbs , I would suggest meeting with a mortgage broker, realtor, and property manger and try and get a feel of what they are doing on a day-to-day basis and see if any of the jobs sound exciting to you. I only have experience with the property manager and the realtor jobs and both are vastly different. My mortgage broker friends seem to sit at a desk most of the day, but maybe that just the people I know. 

Hey Chris, great job jumping right in! You should attend one of the RareBird events. It is a local Real Estate Investors group. Me and my Wife and I recently became members. You can go for free for a while without paying anything. They meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month in Tigard. There is about 75-100 investors their. I am fairly new myself, me and my wife both became Real Estate Brokers because we didn't like our jobs at the time and wanted to learn the hoops while building capital to invest.  RareBird hires Real Estate Brokers to work their own deals (I don't work for them though) 

http://myrarebird.com/investornetwork/

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here