• Investor
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Seeking Help Finding Portland, Oregon House Hack

John Jacobus
  • Investor
  • New York, NY
Posted Jan 21 2019, 08:50

I‘m slowly making my way back to PDX over the next 12-18 months after a 4 year tour of duty in NYC and am looking for a house hack, teardown and rebuild, or small multifamily that I can live in alongside 2-4 other residents.  The goal is to find a property within 2 miles of the water front (NW, NE, or SE PDX) with value add opportunity and zoned for 2-4 families.  Walkability is critical.

Investment returns are not my primary driver and I’m familiar with the reality of low rent-to-price ratios as I used to live in NW PDX in 2010-2012.  

I’m looking for something with hair on it that can be repositioned and turned into a decent cash flowing asset that will subsidize my cost of living.  While “living for free” would be wonderful, I recognize this is unlikely.  

Im seeking referrals to agents/brokers in the area who work with investors and can help me navigate the multi-dwelling zoning / land use labyrinth.  I seek to honor existing zoning guidelines but need help understanding what can/cannot be done on an existing lot as it relates to adding units/dwellings.

Loading replies...