• Property Manager
  • Syracuse, NY
Votes |
Real Estate Developers?

Ronald Starusnak
  • Property Manager
  • Syracuse, NY
Posted Mar 6 2019, 17:37

Hey guys, I am a General Contractor from Upstate NY. I am looking to get out of NY and it looks like we will be landing in the Bend Oregon area. The prices for pre-existing homes are through the roof and home prices in general are very high. We are able to build 2,200 sq/ft homes, higher end for under $200k in NY and I can't see anything that would increase our costs much simply by relocating. A 2,200 sq/ft home here we are listing for $350k-$370k, based on what I am seeing on Zillow in the Bend Oregon area, it seems similar houses are selling for 200k+ for the same product. I am looking for any information and input you guys may have on the market, what would a good area be for me to buy land and throw up a little house to live in? 

I am interesting in connecting with investors in the area who have knowledge in real estate development or have an interest in being involved in it. A properly built home can result in an excellent profit for the developer. The developers I am working with here, for example on the next home we build; his cost to have us build it will be $260k, he has $10k into the property now, probably $20k all in. The home will list for $365k, giving him a big profit. Our average turn around on a new build is 3-3 1/2 months and we can run 2 builds at a time. 

Loading replies...