Philadelphia Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Pat Hamilton
Votes |
Personal Address on Rental License

Pat Hamilton
Posted Jan 18 2022, 13:20

I have a 3 family home in West Philadelphia and I don't want to use my home address when I renew my Rental License. How can I avoid this? Can I use my rental property's address? If I do, I worry that I will not get important mail from the City of Philadelphia. How about if I change the address of my LLC to a registered agent somewhere in Philadelphia. Registered agents are supposed to collect mail I think. If so, can you guys recommend one.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin M.
  • Property Manager
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jan 18 2022, 13:24

I haven’t kept up with the legal requirements of owner address in Philadelphia but generally speaking I advise property owners to use a virtual mailbox to list as a mailing address for more anonymity. I’ve used a few and been very happy with them. They can scan mail or forward it to another address at your request for very reasonable fees 

User Stats

Votes
Pat Hamilton
Votes |
Replied Jan 24 2022, 14:11

@Kevin M.

Which ones did you use?  It's hard to find something with a Philadelphia address.  Even Northwest Registered Agents, which is apparently a big national one, doesn't have a Philadelphia address.  I thought it had a King of Prussia address, which I suppose is close enough...but they even changed that.  Now it's an Erie address.

I prefer a Philadelphia address because from what I recall you need something semi local for a rental license.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Pat Hamilton
Votes |
Replied Jan 24 2022, 14:11

@Kevin M.

Which ones did you use?  It's hard to find something with a Philadelphia address.  Even Northwest Registered Agents, which is apparently a big national one, doesn't have a Philadelphia address.  I thought it had a King of Prussia address, which I suppose is close enough...but they even changed that.  Now it's an Erie address.

I prefer a Philadelphia address because from what I recall you need something semi local for a rental license.

User Stats

Votes
Pat Hamilton
Votes |
Replied Jan 25 2022, 10:10
I decided on a virtual mailbox instead of a registered agent...i'm still not sure what the difference is. 

ipostal1 has a bunch of philadelphia addresses and is only $9.99/month.  I'll change my LLCs address to the virtual address and also I'll use the virtual address on my rental license.  The only mail I ever get from Philadelphia is the trash bill and yearly tax letter.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 29 2022, 14:11

I will be a new landlord in Philadelphia soon. Can I ask what problems could be foreseen if one uses their residential home address on the rental license? Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Eric Greenberg
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Mar 31 2022, 13:48
Quote from @Mohammad Fanaei:

I will be a new landlord in Philadelphia soon. Can I ask what problems could be foreseen if one uses their residential home address on the rental license? Thank you!

You may get even more letters in the mail trying to buy your property.