• Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Am I advertising my rental incorrectly? #frustrated

Andrew K.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Mar 2 2017, 13:27

My rental has been listed since December and I have received only a few leads that could be construed as serious. I've listed on Zillow and Cozy both of which spread the listing to their affiliated sites. I have received only a few leads up until last week. I responded to most of the leads saying I could show them the listing on X,Y,Z dates if they were still interested. Several times I responded within an hour of getting the lead from whichever website they found it on it. Most of the time I never hear back. One person wanted to know if he and his 5 to 6 school buddies could look at the 2/1 SFH. I basically told him that just wasn't going to work and was probably not legal. I digress.

This will be my first time going through the process of finding a renter.  Is this experience typical?  I realize we're in the winter months and I expected the market to be slow as I assumed people don't buy/rent as much in the winter.  This last week I seem to have bene receiving a larger quantity of leads.  One had set up an appointment and then backed out saying their plans had changed and weren't looking anymore.  The others have yet to respond.

Am I doing something wrong?  Are renters just clicking 'I'm interested' on every listing they come across?

Loading replies...