Votes
Matthew Smuts
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
WARNING: Terrible Contractor Alert!

Matthew Smuts
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Jun 16 2020, 09:44

Jeremy Pace is a TERRIBLE contractor. Just look at his BBB Rating (F) and Buildzoom review. I hired him a few months ago to do a moderate rehab for me. Not only was the quality (or lack therof) of the work terrible but he walked off the job with no warning and took about $4,000 we paid him for work that wasn't done. I will have to spend another $3,000 to redo work that he did terribly (framed a wall 7" thick, bathroom floor tile was loose after it was laid, drywall mudding was totally rough). I definitely learned my lesson. For ANY contractors you hire do a quick Google search to see if anything comes up. Also ask for references and pictures of work they've done. Finally don't let what you pay them get ahead of the work they've actually completed and inspect the work before you pay them. I trusted him more than I should have because he was a BP member. BP is amazing but anyone can set up an account or become a Pro member so make sure to vet them. 

Ironically even though Brandon warns against hiring someone through Craigslist the contractor I found to replace Jeremy does AMAZING work and works at a very reasonable rate. Good contractors are hard to find but they can be found anywhere. Just make sure to VET THEM.

Keywords: Pittsburgh,Contractor, Allegheny Remodel, JPPM Jeremy Pace Property Managment LLC

Loading replies...