User Stats

Votes
Saikhantal Yu
Votes |
Newbie looking at Elmhurst, Providence

Saikhantal Yu
Posted Mar 26 2020, 20:12

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading and learning on this forum for a few weeks. It's very impressive how nice and supportive everyone is.

I'm a first-time investor. I spent a few months in Providence last fall and I was living in an Airbnb place in Elmhurst, very close to PC. My feeling is that it's a quiet and safe neighborhood. I am familiar with the streets, etc. already. Since this is my first real estate purchase, I sincerely appreciate any advice. I am curious about a few topics in particular as below.

I noticed Elmhurst saw a price increase over the last year. Any idea why?

Ideally, I'd like to hold the property for a long time. Do you think this is the right move in Elmhurst?

I am assuming that multifamily near PC would be easy to rent. Is that the case generally speaking?

Would anyone not mind recommending realtors, lawyers, and lenders to work with locally here? 

Do people always incorporate an LLC here when buying real estate? I know lots of people do in NYC.

As I said, I'm all eared for any advice regarding the above topics as well as anything in general that you think I should be aware of. I've been working my *** off to earn the bandwidth to think about investing, so I'd really like to make sure I make smart moves!

Thank you very much. Be safe and healthy!

Loading replies...