Sioux Falls Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Joe Splitrock
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Votes |
Low Housing Inventory - So Is It Time To Sell Yet?

Joe Splitrock
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sioux Falls, SD
ModeratorPosted Feb 8 2017, 08:38

An interesting article came out yesterday talking about lowest housing inventory ever in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Well technically lowest number of houses in 15 years, but when adjusted for the fact that there are more houses now than 15 years ago, it becomes the lowest level ever. This becomes a challenge for realtors. Especially with the steady population growth we are experiencing. There are more buyers than sellers right now. It is happening across the country including big markets like California and hot markets like Arizona, Colorado and Florida.

I am interested to hear opinions from owners of SFH rentals. Are any of you considering selling off some of your portfolio? Honestly for me, this whole price run-up and low inventory is like deja vu to 2008. I see prices continuing to skyrocket and that signals a correction is in the future. It would be a great time to sell off your lower performing rentals. Of course, a true crash will require some external factor, so this could sustain for a couple more years until that trigger happens.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/business-jou...

Loading replies...