Skip to content
Nashville Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Sam Katz
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Best NSH Neighborhood to Invest? Given Following Criteria...

Sam Katz
  • Boston, MA
Posted Oct 28 2020, 12:56

Greetings BP Community - It's with great pleasure I make my first post.

I am fortunate to have just received an offer to join a well-respected RE Dev Shop here in Nashville, and as such, am looking to purchase my first investment property in the area - and first in general, for that matter. My criteria - which I reckon are widely shared - are as follows:

(None of the following are set-in-stone - merely conversation starters. I'm open to adjustments / suggestions)

• "House Hack" Opportunity (Duplex, Triplex, Quad)
    • Opportunistic ➜ Value-Add w BRRRR Potential; Willing to Work w Hard Money / GC
      • i.e. Off-Market - Foreclosure (any stage), Tax Delinquency, etc.
      • I have family in NSH so flexible w project timeline
    • Relatively Untapped Neighborhood w Signs of Future Appreciation
    • Max 30 Min Drive to Downtown
    • Vicinity to Outdoors / Active Lifestyle
    • Young Demographic Ideal - Gentrification Taking Place (Maybe University Students Present?)

The goal is to - again, fairly generic - build an immense portfolio of investment property both in the area and elsewhere. SFH ➜ 1031 ➜ MF. I have a high risk tolerance given I am willing to the due diligence necessary.

Thank you all in advance. I'm a curious, genuinely interested socialite by nature, so look forward to building relationships with many of you - GC's, PM's, brokers, fellow investors & more. Let the dialogue begin.

Cheers,

Sam

Loading replies...