• Rental Property Investor
  • Clarksville, TN
Votes |
Moving to Clarksville, TN/ Nashville area

Eric L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Clarksville, TN
Posted Oct 26 2017, 16:27

Moving to the area due to PCS. In the process of finding a SFH because all the Multi's were super over priced or unrealistic owners. Is this just how the market is over here? Had a owner of a 4 plex with 1 bad tenant who trashed the place, so 1 unit down 3 rented. Well he refused to fix the damage after saying he would be willing to fix it so I can get into a fha/VA situation. Then came out and said only cash offers. I'm skeptical he thought there was a lot more going on than was upfront about.

I was trying to run the 1% rule and most of the places we looked at are closer to .8%. I'm wondering if I should just find a place to live, then invest elsewhere. I have 2 properties, 4 units, in Georgia and my returns are much higher than here. Well if there are any networking events, I'd be happy to meet some people in the area. 

Also debating trying to get my real estate license and do a part time kind of thing if any of you have thoughts. Single guy willing to put in all my free time, which is usually when buyers are free anyway. If not,  then I'd still be willing to come in and do paperwork. Essentially looking for a little extra cash for my free time and to get more into RE. 

Loading replies...