Can someone recommend a solid property management in Chattanooga? I have a few SFHs in the city which I have managed by the same property management company. However, as I'm about to close on a 'new' duplex I'd like to try out a different management - specifically one that is quicker on their feet and more proactive when it comes to maintaining the houses on a regular basis (i.e. do at least visual inspections periodically). I'm open to professional management companies but also to trustworthy individuals who look for a side hustle.
For any recommendations I'd be very grateful. Thank you,
I had Greyhaven Realty Management recommended to me but this was exactly why I came to this subforum...lol I was going to see what others recommended.
Stephan- out of curiosity, who were you using? I am interviewing Key Renters and Chattanooga Property Management today. I'd prefer a word of mouth referral and any notes about management companies that are not working out.
Talk to @Brian Levredge for property management in Chattanooga.
It is very important that you make sure you take the time to interview and have candid conversations with a PM company. Let them know your strategy, your goals and what your business plan is to ensure that your business plan aligns with theirs and you can both work towards the same goal. If they are not aligned then simply keep looking till you find one that is.I would look up NARPM and start with them..Below are some questions I would think would be a good starting point for you to see who really treats their company like a business or a hobby.
My business partner is a regional VP for NARPM and I am happy to help if you need anything please reach out
Questions to Ask prospective management companies
* What are your average days on market for vacant homes?
* What is your average rent amount for all properties managed?
* What is your average work order cost for the owner?
* What is your average make ready cost for the owner?
* Are all my invoices uploaded to my owner portal?
* How do you advertise your vacant units?
* Do I receive video of my pre and post make ready?
* Do you have a setup fee?
* Do you upcharge on maintenance?
* When do you make owner payments? How often?
* Are you a Certified Property Manager?
* Are you a member of NARPM?
* What is your Guarantee?
* Do you provide move in and move out reports
* How many pictures do you take of the property prior to tenant moves in and after the tenant moves out
* Do you get weekly reports when the property is vacant what prospective tenants are saying about your home
* Do you provide monthly newsletters to your tenants
* Do you hold investor education classes to help me become a better investor
* Do you have single point portfolio based management services?
* How many properties do the owners actually own themselves?
* What do you do to ensure that the tenant is responsible for security deposit disputes since that is the largest reason for owner lawsuits
* How familiar are you with the newly changed laws that can affect you the owner if they are not used correctly?
@Kirsten Milliken , have you reached out to @Alex Smith? He's also a PM in Chattanooga. I've only PM'd with him a few times but he might be worth a conversation.
@Heath M. Thank you for the referral. I just looked u his company and sent a message. They look like they might have the best PM company. I've talked to a couple others that seemed to have good reviews. I have not been wowed by anyone yet.
@Stephan, who is your current PM out of curiosity. I've been using First Property Management and my experience has been so-so.
@Kirsten, which company is the one Alex Smith works at / Heath recommended?
Just to close the circle- I ended up using KeyRenter. They were very responsive. They had the initial listing up within 2 days. Within a week they had the place rented!
@Sam Mitchell Have you found a company? If not please message me.