• New to Real Estate
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
New to Chattanooga | Long Distance Investor

Ryan Cousins
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Nov 24 2021, 15:45

Hi There! I am ready to acquire my first rental property and have narrowed down my choice to Chattanoga. I do not live near the city and was hoping to get some recommendations on area to look at (also to connect with agents / property management companies).

Right now I am looking between 250-400K and at both STR and Long Term Holds.

Would love to connect and see if anyone has any recommendations?

User Stats

Votes
Troy Miller
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chattanooga
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chattanooga
Replied Nov 24 2021, 18:59

Hi Ryan. Glad to connect. My wife and I are both investors in Chattanooga, and she (Shannon Miller) is a realtor here. Glad to meet up on Zoom, hear what you are looking for, and give you some feedback on the area and help getting to your goals! Reach out anytime and glad to help you get going here in Chattanooga!

User Stats

Votes
John Britt
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • East Ridge, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • East Ridge, TN
Replied Nov 27 2021, 07:55

@Ryan Cousins I would love to connect with you also. I am a property manager here in Chattanooga and would like to connect with you via phone call or zoom.

Mountain View Property Management Logo
Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Kennedy
  • Lender
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Houston, TX
Replied Nov 29 2021, 07:12

@Ryan Cousins I highly recommend reaching out to @Adrienne Green and her team.  She primarily helps out of state investors find deals in and around Chattanooga 

User Stats

Votes
Adrienne Green
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga, TN
Replied Nov 30 2021, 10:17

Hi @Ryan Cousins!  I'm an agent in Chattanooga.  Thanks for the tag, @Mike Kennedy! (Also, Ryan, Mike is your go to if you need a HML in the Chattanooga area! I have clients using FlipCo right now, and it's going well).

Your price point would go far in the Chattanooga area. At the high end, you're looking at a nice STR in an A class neighborhood. As far as areas to look at, or where to focus, the blessing and the curse in Chattanooga is the plethora of REI options! It really comes down to your preferences- we have from C class areas with high cashflow but more potential trouble to A class LTRs with lower cashflow but low maintenance, and everything in between!

Auburndale Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
John Sweeten
  • Chattanooga
Votes |
  • Chattanooga
Replied Apr 3 2022, 07:54

Are you interested in a land lot in the north chattanooga area by chance?

I realize it is not a property with a structure but It is a great part of town to build on. 

User Stats

Votes
Hannah Rubin
  • Property Manager
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Replied Jun 2 2022, 06:38

Hi @Adrienne Green I have been doing some more research into buying an investment property in Chattanooga. I would love to hear more from you about the area and will message you directly! :)

User Stats

Votes
Corey Martin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Sep 21 2022, 10:00

Evernest also has a presence in Chattanooga with property management and brokergae. As @Adrienne Green said, that price point can do very well in this market. Make sure you can build the right team to help yourself in this market from out of state!