Houston Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Iris Dahan
Votes |
Neighborhoods In Spring TX

Posted Jan 20 2022, 09:25

Hi, I am a new investor in Texas and I'd like to invest in Spring.

My fist deal will be fix and flip single family house up to 200K.

Which neighborhoods are the best to concentrate in?

I am also looking for an agent that I can work with. 

Any recommendations?

Thank you!

Houston, Texas

User Stats

Votes
Quinn Olivarez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jan 20 2022, 09:30

I’d be happy to help you if you’re still looking for an agent to assist you. I helped a client do a deal in spring Tx this past summer well under $200k. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Wallace
  • Rental Property Investor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied Jan 20 2022, 09:58

There isn't really a "Best" when it comes to investing - There is a lot of "Personal Preference" so find the neighborhoods that meet your specific goals or interests - that may require some legwork or research on your part.... or cast a wide net and pick a deal that presents itself regardless of neighborhood - If you find a good deal anywhere in Spring, the specific neighborhood should not discourage you from moving forward on a flip

User Stats

Votes
Vijaianand Thirunageswaram
  • Real Estate Broker/Owner & Property Manager
  • Sugar Land, TX
Votes |
  • Sugar Land, TX
Replied Jan 20 2022, 09:59

@Iris Dahan You have to find really good deal to make fix and flip happen in this market. Deals are coming but not with good spread. Are you planning to target investors or home owners so depending on that we can suggest you neighborhoods.

User Stats

Votes
Iris Dahan
Votes |

Thanks @Quinn Olivarez

I sent you a private message

User Stats

Votes
Iris Dahan
Votes |

Thanks @Jeff Wallace

I appreciate your advice. 

User Stats

Votes
Iris Dahan
Votes |

@Vijaianand Thirunageswaram I am looking to invest but I'm not a home owner.

I understand that if I'm looking for good deals I must react quickly, so now I study my options so I can make quick decisions.

User Stats

Votes
  • Sugar Land, TX
Votes |
  • Sugar Land, TX
Replied Jan 20 2022, 10:54

@Iris Dahan I think you understood my post wrongly. I know you are an investor and you also want to do fix and flip. In the fix & flip arena, you can either target direct homeowner or investor. So depending on who is your target you can pick the neighborhoods and deals accordingly. That's what I meant. If it's home owners, you need to look for deals in right neighborhood and right price with good spread to take care of rehabs properly. If it's investor deals, then you can do it differently. 

User Stats

Votes
Iris Dahan
Votes |

@Vijaianand Thirunageswaram Thanks for clarifying. 

I am learning :-)

I am looking for properties that I can buy, rehab and sell. Now I understand that this is a home owner target. I still don't understand exactly what is done differently if the target is an investor.

I'd appreciate your insight. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
  • Sugar Land, TX
Votes |
  • Sugar Land, TX
Replied Jan 20 2022, 12:00

@Iris Dahan I know you are new and willing to learn. There is so much different when it comes to Homeowner and investor targets. If it's investor who wants to rent out the property, You don't have to use the expensive features like quartz or expensive wood floors. You can keep your rehab budget accordingly so that it shows pretty and rentable for investors. When it comes to homewowners and location, you need to spend pretty good on features. If you are flipping in woodlands research forest area, you need to do it right and well with wood floors or wood like tiles, nice showers etc., If you are doing fix flip in the hardy toll area, you can go easy bit and still make it nice. There is so many ways to skin a cat but you just need where you doing it. You got it :-)

User Stats

Votes
Iris Dahan
Votes |

@Vijaianand Thirunageswaram Thanks a lot! 

My conclusion from your posts is that I need an experienced RE agent that can guide me and help me doing my first steps. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
  • Sugar Land, TX
Votes |
  • Sugar Land, TX
Replied Jan 20 2022, 12:12

Not just RE Agent, an RE Agent who is an experienced investor and one who walks the talk :-)

User Stats

Votes
Gearold White
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jan 22 2022, 06:11

You don't need a Realtor. Although they can be helpful. I am more than willing to help you out. I am an investor in the Spring area and I also know some wholesalers in the area that are out hitting the roads and on the lookout for deals. I do not do wholesaling but I will buy the houses that they are selling. I will send you a message.

User Stats

Votes
James Haney
Votes |
Replied Jan 26 2022, 10:23

Just my opinion here: I would not limit yourself to just one area. If you are located in or around that area, it does make some sense to have something close by. But more importantly, I would focus on finding the right property/deal. The market will dictate that. What you should be looking for (again, my opinion) is something that is a light or cosmetic rehab that doesn't take months to complete, the market is good with low days on market. Also, be careful not to overdo it on the rehab. It is very easy, especially in today's market, to over spend on the rehab. Some flippers will spend 60k or more on the rehab when they could have just spend 35k and got the same results.....

User Stats

Votes
Iris Dahan
Votes |

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Melody Seefeldt
Votes |

Hi Iris,

I highly recommend Shantella Williams.  We've sold three homes with her representing us and we wish we had known her sooner.

https://www.shantellawilliams....

User Stats

Votes
Wale Lawal
  • Realtor | Buy & Hold Investor
  • Houston | Austin | Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor | Buy & Hold Investor
  • Houston | Austin | Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 26 2022, 20:44

Use Niche.com, Greatschools.org, and Msc.Fema.gov for your research. I hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Iris Dahan
Votes |
Originally posted by @Melody Seefeldt:

Hi Iris,

I highly recommend Shantella Williams.  We've sold three homes with her representing us and we wish we had known her sooner.

https://www.shantellawilliams....

User Stats

Votes
Iris Dahan
Votes |

@Melody Seefeldt Thanks!!

User Stats

Votes
Iris Dahan
Votes |
Originally posted by @Wale Lawal:

Use Niche.com, Greatschools.org, and Msc.Fema.gov for your research. I hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Iris Dahan
Votes |

@Wale Lawal Thanks a lot! I appreciate your advice