Frank Regal
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
House Hacking in the Houston TX Area

Frank Regal
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Sep 11 2018, 17:24

Hi Bigger Pockets,

I am a brand new, want to be real estate investor, looking to score my first deal in the Houston, TX area by the end of Summer 2019. Specifically I am interested in investing in a $200k or less duplex that is no more than a 30-40 minute drive from Deer Park, TX, preferably in the Clear Lake/Webster area. 

I am currently a fifth year (5/5) Mechanical Engineering student at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA, I have recently accepted a full time job offer as a Mechanical Engineer at a chemical company located in Deer Park, TX with a start date in July 2019. 

I have been working in Houston the past six months getting familiar with the area, doing plenty of research and diligently doing my homework on real estate investing and feel confident about closing on my first deal sometime between now and August 2019. I was wondering if anyone has any good tips on investing in the Houston area for the first time, any recommendations for a good realtor, tips on investing remotely, and even info/tips or past experiences on obtaining a loan with just an offer letter. Just anything that you wish you knew before making your first investment would be a great help!

I appreciate your time and thank you in advance!

-Frank

Loading replies...