Houston Real Estate market? what should be reasonable fee

13 Replies | Houston, Texas

Hi,

I just joined this forum, went through lot of discussions, questions/ Answers, very impressive.

living in South West Houston since last 17/18 Years. 

Though I have purchased property for investment before and feel fairly knowledgeable about the ins and outs. But i know I am not :)

I am looking to devote more time kind of full time to RE investing now.

I am looking for some really good deals 50 to 70% of market value with some repairs and safe deals in terms of title etc, Can do flip or hold the properties.

I went Houston RICH club (also some networking meetings) and wanted to use expertise and knowledge from the mentors over there for my transactions to get best deals and jump start to my RE investments, Any experience with them over there?

Though there fee is high, is that worth it? I think from 1st deal itself the money you paid them will be paid off and you will learn the entire process pretty quick as they have 15/16 years experience in Houston market.

I would love to hear any feedback (pros or neg) those with experience may have. Thanks in advance.

Thanks!!!

I am not at all familiar with them. However I believe one should always be skeptical of those that want to make money to teach RE investing.

Yes there are many good coaches, instructors and paid mentors. There are just as many bad ones. Unless you get specific feedback about them from multiple sources, I would spend some time here learning what you can. If you learn some basics you may be better equipped to evaluate what they can offer you. 

A good free source to start with is

Ultimate Free Beginners Guide

I agree with the others. So much you can learn right here. But don’t stop with forums, books, webinars, and podcasts. Network! Meet people face to face and get to know them. The best lessons are often not taught in classrooms.

@Jason Friday RICH club is not bad place but yes they do charge to compensate the time spent by mentors. I never used them or worked with them but heard from other investors their courses are decent. 

As @Tony Castronovo said, you don't have to spend tons of money to get you to speed or make deals. Real estate is people business as I always say, networking is key and you should get to know more people to work and do project together. 

It is not like it used to be … back when I was on the board of directors at the Rich club, back when it was a non-profit for the members benefit and I used to bring LOTS of people there and pay for my membership by bringing new members. I have been told (some time ago) that I am no longer welcome there, me and everyone with experience who have worked to help protect people … now I warn people about most of these groups … just start with the structure … it was taken over as a “for profit” group … all you have to do is look to see who is making most of the profit … it is no longer for the benefit of the members … 

There are plenty of other groups to check out, many are free or very inexpensive … 

What I can tell you about most of these groups in 2018 is “watch out” and be careful … the gurus will tell you anything to get your money and you don’t have to pay $10,000 or more to get help … 

Listen to Jeff and Ned, BiggerPockets has a lot of free information and I have a free meetup group here in Houston and can point you in the right direction of a lot of local resources

Originally posted by @Jason Friday :

Hi,

I just joined this forum, went through lot of discussions, questions/ Answers, very impressive.

living in South West Houston since last 17/18 Years. 

Though I have purchased property for investment before and feel fairly knowledgeable about the ins and outs. But i know I am not :)

I am looking to devote more time kind of full time to RE investing now.

I am looking for some really good deals 50 to 70% of market value with some repairs and safe deals in terms of title etc, Can do flip or hold the properties.

I went Houston RICH club (also some networking meetings) and wanted to use expertise and knowledge from the mentors over there for my transactions to get best deals and jump start to my RE investments, Any experience with them over there?

Though there fee is high, is that worth it? I think from 1st deal itself the money you paid them will be paid off and you will learn the entire process pretty quick as they have 15/16 years experience in Houston market.

I would love to hear any feedback (pros or neg) those with experience may have. Thanks in advance.

Thanks!!!

I went to a RICH club meeting in my early days. Wanted to learn from the pros. The big shots. What a found were a bunch of sad tire kickers. Me with my little 8 unit and 3-4 SFH flips under my belt made me the "expert" in that group.

Then they asked if I wanted to pay to join. I laughed and said “no thanks”. 

***It might have changed by now***. See if you can go free. The value in those groups is 10000000% based on the experience of the members. 

I’d pay $10k no problem to join an active group of experienced professsionals.  But honestly once you start actually doing deals you’ll find that others that do deals all love to meet up over beers and talk RE all the time. No “club dues” needed 

There are several networking meetups (free) that are hosted by lenders/mortgage brokers. This is one of many great way to network and meet like minded people.

You will meet more and better contacts here on BP than you will at any other meet up in Houston -- talking about investors that are actually investing and not out pitching something.  That has been my experience. 

Originally posted by @Mark Pantak :

It is not like it used to be … back when I was on the board of directors at the Rich club, back when it was a non-profit for the members benefit and I used to bring LOTS of people there and pay for my membership by bringing new members. I have been told (some time ago) that I am no longer welcome there, me and everyone with experience who have worked to help protect people … now I warn people about most of these groups … just start with the structure … it was taken over as a “for profit” group … all you have to do is look to see who is making most of the profit … it is no longer for the benefit of the members … 

There are plenty of other groups to check out, many are free or very inexpensive … 

What I can tell you about most of these groups in 2018 is “watch out” and be careful … the gurus will tell you anything to get your money and you don’t have to pay $10,000 or more to get help … 

Is this why you're no longer allowed?

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mark-pantak/houston-texas-/mark-pantak-mark-pantak-capital-resources-group-mentor-mark-pantak-liar-cheat-snake-ho-765179

The game is silence people …

(if anyone has the guts to contact me or do their homework … I can prove my side of the story) 

Guess Marshall Hooper is NOT capable of “reading the rebuttal” or perhaps … (you have been asked to post this by the Rich Club?) anyone who does their homework will see that this is how they now operate … they have their people go after anyone who questions them … (just like the politicians) 

Or maybe you have “never been a landlord and had to deal with tenants who LIE and don’t pay rent” and it is pretty obvious what your intentions are here … 

So don’t be surprised when complaints show up on Ripoffreport about you … by the way … the company that posts this SCAM … they will REMOVE it for a “large fee” 

They are a Ripoff company … anyone can say anything about anyone … and good luck getting it removed off of the internet … facts don’t matter … and some people are foolish enough to believe anything they read online … just look at FB and Fake News … 

Hey Mark, 

I only posted it to let you speak your peace about it. I actually thought about meeting up at your REIA, but I like to do research first so I googled your name and this was the first thing that popped up.

Still curious though why you're no longer allowed at the RICH meetings? And no, I am not a member nor have I ever been to one of their meetings.