Skip to content
San Antonio Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Blackmon
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Schertz, TX
Votes |
Where have your investment purchase deals come from in South TX?

Dustin Blackmon
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Schertz, TX
Posted Jan 21 2023, 11:59

I am curious to see where are you finding your real estate deals in our area? Are you buying from a wholesaler, the MLS or have you been creating your own leads for properties?

In the past I have purchased all five of my properties that I hold as rentals through the MLS and used the BRRR method. I have also not purchased since 2020 unless you count moving your primary and turning that into a rental property.

User Stats

Votes
Henry Clark
Pro Member
#1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Replied Jan 21 2023, 21:05

Your primary you might sell it.  If you lived there 2 consecutive years in the last 5 years the capital gain will be tax free.  

You’re in Texas.  Look at property tax sales.  

User Stats

Votes
Seth Teel
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Jan 22 2023, 14:25

The vast majority (averages over 80%) of our acquisitions come from word of mouth; friends, neighbors, other investors, agents, etc.

Of the last six we purchased two were from wholesalers, the rest were teed up for us by folks in our network. 

That being said, we are we source leads from the MLS, Internet Marketing, Mailer Campaigns, driving for dollars, as well as word of mouth. Marketing needs to be multi-faceted in order to make sure you're farming from all potential sources. We've just found that our conversion rate is significantly higher when the lead comes from someone in our network.

• Broker TX (#620984) and TX (#H-928940)

Somos Real Estate Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 23 2023, 06:16

Sourcing my own deals direct to seller. 

User Stats

Votes
Jason Hirko
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Jan 23 2023, 08:06

I buy off the MLS now, but I am also only buying 1 house a year these days so I can afford to be picky. Back when I was going for volume, buying direct from HUD was my bread and butter