Justin L.
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Seeking awesome referrals

Justin L.
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Feb 12 2017, 00:24

Hi all,

I began my REI journey in the second half of last year. I've spent a good bit of my free time educating myself - read some of the highly recommended books (RDPD, MREI, etc), monitored my local market closely using the MLS, drove around neighborhoods, attended open homes, read BP once a day, and finally caught up on all of the podcast episodes recently. I'm ready to take bigger steps and to connect with more professionals in the area. I'm currently seeking referrals for investor friendly agents as well as an attorneys to work with for purchasing buy-and-hold properties. 

The ideal first investment property would be a multifamily which I can househack...however, my constraints for that would be within the area bounded by the highways 35, 75 and PGBT (slightly outside is fine too) due to my work commute. From what I've seen on the MLS, this seems unrealistic given the growth in the area (happy to hear otherwise). So I'm open to exploring SFRs, condos, and MFs within 45min driving distance of central Dallas. I'm also interested in learning more about how to access off-market properties so I think working with a savvy agent and/or wholesaler would be the right path.

I'd greatly appreciate any referrals or tips. Thanks!

Loading replies...