Skip to content
Dallas Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Bo A Vanecko
  • broomfield, CO
Votes |
Thoughts on OOS Investment With a Mentor From DFW area?

Bo A Vanecko
  • broomfield, CO
Posted Oct 10 2017, 16:40

All,  

I have been learning a bit from a mentor who is a very active investor in the DFW area while I currently live OOS in Denver area.  Considering the Denver market I was speaking to him about approaches to investing in Denver etc and he suggested I come down and do some driving through areas that he is very active in.  He further offered to help me invest if I found something and would not only have his team (wife is a RA) help with the purchase and all the documentation regarding being a landlord but would also do the management of the properties for me at a price of 6%.

The area he is actually fairly active in is south of the city and east of 35W.  between 30 and 20 east of 35W

What are peoples thoughts on this area or are there some suggestions on areas around there?

What are peoples thoughts on this kind of management fee plan?

my thoughts were to run a family vacation to dallas over thanksgiving and use this time to do some driving around the area to familiarize myself with the properties etc and get to know the mentors team etc.

Just seeking some input as I look towards my first purchase.....it is that 90 day challenge time after all :)

Bo 

Loading replies...