Austin Real Estate Forum
6.6K Posts | 794 Discussions
Investor-friendly agents in Austin
Ready to get serious about investing in Austin? Connect with investor-friendly agents who can help you land your next deal. As local experts, they know the Austin market inside and out and can evaluate properties from... View more
Airbnb 1 Bedroom Condo Occupancy Rates
Hello! Curious if anyone has experience with one bedroom listings on Airbnb in the Austin area? I have done some searching of my own, but wanted to see if anyone had first hand experience of what to expect on occupancy... View more
Elon Musk's Neuralink may put roots down in Austin
The opportunities of Central Texas seem to keep luring companies owned by multi-billionaire Elon Musk.Neuralink Corp. — a startup focused on creating brain implants to treat neurological issues such as paralysis — has... View more
Amazon plans another 1M-square-foot distribution center
The world's largest online retailer plans to build another huge distribution facility 30 miles south of Austin. A 1 million-square-foot warehouse is proposed on 71 acres near the Hays County Transportation Department... View more
Austin Land Zoning Approval Strategy
Hi, I'm not sure if this question is applicable to Austin but it is in NYC so I figured maybe it could be helpful to gain some insight. Is it a good/possible investment to buy land in Austin, and do a lot of paperwork... View more
Austin punches in as No. 1 city for workers relocating
Data from job website LinkedIn indicates Austin is the main magnet for U.S. professionals seeking a new place to live, work, and play. For every person who moved out of Austin from April to October, 1.53 people moved... View more
Volcon HQ coming to Liberty Hills
Even Liberty Hills is growing :|The new factory, which will feature riding trails, an RV park and customer experience center, will be about a mile west of downtown Liberty Hill on Highway 29, although the company has... View more
Homes Appreciate at Fastest Rate Since 2014
Home prices typically decline when economic activity constricts—but not in 2020. The economic downturn resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic has coincided with a booming housing market. Existing-home prices for all... View more
These companies have relocated to N Texas from Cali in 2020
It has become increasingly common for companies large and small to move their headquarters or other significant offices or operations out of California. Texas, and especially Dallas-Fort Worth, have been the... View more
Homes Appreciate at Fastest Rate Since 2014
Home prices typically decline when economic activity constricts—but not in 2020. The economic downturn resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic has coincided with a booming housing market. Existing-home prices for all... View more
Rezoning Roundup: 7700 Parmer, Samsung, Dell Children's
Rezoning Roundup: 7700 Parmer, Samsung, Dell Children's receive green lights Article Highlights Below: Austin City Council considered dozens of rezoning requests at its Dec. 10 meeting — the last of the calendar year... View more
Home prices march upward
Interesting article from Axios.  They call out coastal cities, but we are seeing the same thing in Austin, TX.  Definitely exacerbated by our local building codes.https://www.axios.com/us-home-...
New Investor Lockhart, TX
I was born and raised in Lockhart, but I just started investing there. I am just wondering if there is anyone else out of Lockhart as I'd like to make some connections. 
Buying hard assets like housing in bet on currency devaluation
Liberty Media Chairman John Malone recently told CNBC that hard assets look attractive as the unprecedented coronavirus stimulus is poised to lead to a depreciation in currencies. Hard assets such as housing is viewed... View more
Retail, Hotel and MF development on track near Apple
The Austin Zoning and Platting Commission on Nov. 17 approved an amendment to a planned development agreement to allow more buildings to rise on nearly 129 acres at 7700 Parmer, a business park less than one mile away... View more
TxDOT looks to move forward with $4.9B I-35 overhaul
Hopefully some traffic relief on I-35 :|Thursday TxDOT takes the next step in a major plan to rebuild I-35 through downtown Austin. The I-35 Capital Express Central project is the eight-mile stretch of interstate from... View more
Jobs created through corporate relocations and expansions reaches
A record-breaking number of new jobs attributable to corporate relocations and expansions have been announced in Austin this year, even during the Covid-19 pandemic. That's according to a tally from Opportunity Austin... View more
Anyone in Austin CRE (excl apartments) want free help?
Hi Austin BP, My name is Abel, I moved to Austin last year back when handshakes & indoor dining was common. I was just wondering if anyone in the local CRE space (excl apartments) was looking for some free help,... View more
Austin Culture Map Article on Migration Trends to Texas
Article Highlights Below: “U.S. Census Bureau sheds light on the flow of out-of-staters into Central Texas. The analysis shows the greatest source of new arrivals in the Austin area remains other parts of Texas —... View more
Leander announces plans for $1B mixed-use development
Leander Springs, a 78-acre, mixed-use project with retail, restaurants, entertainment, hospitality, office and residential components, is coming to town, Leander Mayor Troy Hill announced Oct. 15.Located at the... View more
Amazon carts in 1,700 new jobs across Austin
"Amazon is adding more than 1,700 full- and part-time jobs in the Austin area, the e-commerce behemoth announced September 14." "According to the Austin Business Journal, Seattle-based Amazon employs 4,000 people in... View more
Cantarra Meadows/Cantarra East
Hi, I am a potential home buyer and am looking to buy a 3b/2b in Cantarra Meadows or Cantarra East (Pflugerville). I would like to find out more about the neighbourhood and if this would be a good investment? I intend... View more