Austin Real Estate Forum
6.5K Posts | 787 Discussions
193-acre development site in Robinson Ranch hits the market
JLL Capital Markets announced today that it has been named to market a 193-acre development site encompassed by Highway 45, CR 172 and E. McNeil Rd. in the greater Austin area on behalf of the Robinson Family. Located... View more
Oracle's move to Austin may spur further California influx
On December 11, Oracle, the world's largest data base company, announced it was moving its headquarters from Silicon Valley to Austin. The announcement, coupled with major expansions underway by Apple, Facebook, Tesla,... View more
New Construction: Build Quality & Appreciation?
I am looking at some new construction properties in the Austin/Pflugerville/Round Rock area to house hack. I have mostly looked at DR Horton, and a little bit at KB Home. I am wondering:1. What kind of appreciation can... View more
Need Experienced Real Estate CPA for Upcoming Tax Season
Hi there! I purchased a condo (owner occupied) and a rental property this year (both with hard money, both refinanced, rental will be leased out this weekend) and I work a W2 job.  Apparently the  time has come where I... View more
Volcon HQ coming to Liberty Hills
Even Liberty Hills is growing :|The new factory, which will feature riding trails, an RV park and customer experience center, will be about a mile west of downtown Liberty Hill on Highway 29, although the company has... View more
Homes Appreciate at Fastest Rate Since 2014
Home prices typically decline when economic activity constricts—but not in 2020. The economic downturn resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic has coincided with a booming housing market. Existing-home prices for all... View more
What Do I Need to Know About Austin?
Hey folks,I’m planning to move to Austin and begin investing in the area next year. What do I need to know about the area? What should I know about the state in general (as someone coming from New Hampshire)?I’m also... View more
Anyone investing in Bastrop?
Just curious if anyone out there is working (city of) Bastrop and seeing good prospects.  Seems like it has benefited from Austin MSA growth in general, but maybe still some reasonably-priced deals.My family has a... View more
These companies have relocated to N Texas from Cali in 2020
It has become increasingly common for companies large and small to move their headquarters or other significant offices or operations out of California. Texas, and especially Dallas-Fort Worth, have been the... View more
Single Bedroom Rental Estimates
When it comes to SFH house-hacking, how are folks coming up with estimates for single bedroom rentals? My typical tools for duplexes (Rentometer / MLS) don't work super well in this case since they assume you're... View more
Finding A Hard Money Lender Question
Good experiences and bad please share feedback on hard money lenders you have used to acquire single-fam rehab properties in Austin area. Specifically, I am looking to purchase a SFH with major repairs/upgrades needed... View more
Williamson County Growth Summit: Leander's enormous growth. .
Williamson County Growth Summit: Leander's enormous growth allows leaders to be picky Article excerpts below: The city, north of Cedar Park on the west side of Williamson County, reached an estimated population of... View more
Homes Appreciate at Fastest Rate Since 2014
Home prices typically decline when economic activity constricts—but not in 2020. The economic downturn resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic has coincided with a booming housing market. Existing-home prices for all... View more
Rezoning Roundup: 7700 Parmer, Samsung, Dell Children's
Rezoning Roundup: 7700 Parmer, Samsung, Dell Children's receive green lights Article Highlights Below: Austin City Council considered dozens of rezoning requests at its Dec. 10 meeting — the last of the calendar year... View more
Home prices march upward
Interesting article from Axios.  They call out coastal cities, but we are seeing the same thing in Austin, TX.  Definitely exacerbated by our local building codes.https://www.axios.com/us-home-...
is there still any good deal in Austin or Do I have to look far?
Hi.  I am wondering if anyone has any good rental properties in Austin from duplex, ADU to small multi-family 20 units or do I have to look outside Austin to find a good rental with good cash flow. I will be doing 1031... View more
Elon Musk May Already Live in Austin - HQ could Follow
Reports show Elon Musk has already moved his philanthropic foundation to Austin, Texas and he is now reporting living somewhere in the Lone Star State. It isn't confirmed just yet if he is, in fact, living in the... View more
Newer Homes smaller lots v/s Older homes with bigger lots
I'm an Austin area newbie, looking to do a buy & hold kinda investment with positive cash flow. Trying to figure out if older communities with bigger lot sizes are better investment that newer homes with smaller... View more
Pros/Cons of New Construction
Hi BP Austin, was looking at new construction in the Austin area, but have no experience with brand new properties as investments. Wanted to start a thread to discuss the tradeoffs. Please comment if you have any input! 
Short Term Rental Needed - Austin
Our January and February are slammed and I'm bring in a team to support our workload. I'm looking for a one or two month short term rental. If you have an apartment or SFH I can rent, please send me a PM or call give... View more
60K gap between average buyer and median home price.
"SmartAsset reports that the average Austin household can afford a home priced at $317,000. However, the median home value in the area, ... is $378,300"Where do we go from here?faster rent growth?bubble bursting ? (... View more
Recommendations on Real Estate Agents for Austin?
Hello All,TGIF.  I am from CA looking to invest in the Austin area, and would like to learn more about the sub markets and get a good agent to help me.  I have a couple prop here in CA I am refinancing, so I will have... View more
"Subject To" Opportunity Austin TX
Good Day...I have a great "subject to" opportunity that I would like to collaborate with an investor who is very familiar with the process... Contact me for more details...Thanks...Cliff...