Austin Real Estate Forum
6.6K Posts | 800 Discussions
Attorney recommendations for hard money lending agreement?
I'm looking to the Austin BP community for attorney recommendations: I'm investing in a developer's project as a hard money lender. I need counsel to review all the agreements. I've neglected developing an attorney... View more
Tesla rumors....Will Tesla make more than just vehicles in Austin
Rumor has it that Tesla is planning on something larger at that site. They filed the necessary environmental docs to expand beyond just car manufacturing there. Interesting stuff. https://www.bizjournals.com/au...
New Construction in Austin
Hi BP community. My partner and I are looking into new construction neighborhoods in Austin, TX for single family homes to buy and hold as rental properties. We're investing out of state and find new construction... View more
Areas to invest in Austin?
Hello, I’m looking to invest in Austin, TX and I’m doing my initial research on Austin Investment Properties. I’m looking for advices for areas in Austin that’s up and coming and good for rental properties. Any advice... View more
Austin, TX Property Zone SF-3
I own several duplexes with SF-3 zoning. Does anyone know the significance of being zoned SF-3. Are we able to tear down and build 3 or more units or add a unit to lot?  Is the lot more valuable to investors zoned SF-3?
ADU Builder Rec - Austin
Does anyone have a recommendation for an ADU builder in the Austin area? Preferably someone/company who can has significant experience and can see the process through from design, permitting, to build. Thanks in advance!
Massive, mixed-use development at Circuit of the Americas
Austin City Council approved Oct. 1 a massive rezoning for the 1,155-acre site in Southeast Austin. The request was years in the making for COTA, which has been planning a bigger tourist magnet near Austin-Bergstrom... View more
3 neighborhoods to take another look at.
<<In a report, experts assembled by the Urban Land Institute identified 1,350 acres within Austin that could fit into the city’s current zoning framework for “transit-oriented development,” or TOD. Anchored by a... View more
Best way for me to network myself?
I just started an acquisitioner job for a investment group here in TX. I need to network with investors and agents in order to find the deals not seen by the public (obviously). I am new to the real estate, been on for... View more
Tesla’s timeline has factory opening next year
Tesla recently purchased an additional 381 acres adjacent to the existing 2,100 acre site in SE Austin and is fast tracking the development to open next yearCompletion possible as soon as May 1, 2021, according to... View more
Lowe's plans large distribution center in Kyle
The 40-acre Kyle Crossing Business Park is one block west of I-35 in Plum Creek — a 2,200-acre development that is rapidly becoming a major job center in Kyle. The business park is home to two massive warehouses... View more
‘Tremendous increase’ in corporate relocations to Texas
‘Tremendous increase’ in corporate relocations, expansions to Texas since pandemic hit Gov.'s office: Phone calls rolling in from companies shuttering on coasts. Despite some companies pausing projects due to the... View more
TikTok could put HQ in Texas ... maybe Austin?
Fresh from the rumor mill :)  With Oracle office being in Austin, if this were to happen Austin would be a likely candidate.President Trump and Texas. Gov. Greg Abbott think Texas would be a good HQ for the spinoff of... View more
Tesla adding to land holdings for Austin factory
Article highlights: “Tesla recently purchased 381 acres adjacent to its existing 2,100-acre site at Harold Green Road and Texas 130, deed records show. Tesla also is believed to be pursuing additional land purchases... View more
tenants reports neighbor harassment
Hi All, Need some help for a strange problem. So my tenants report to me that one of the neighbors keeps stopping by the property and talking to them about their kids harassing his kids, which is not the case. The... View more
NY and CA are the land of the flee, and Texas is the destination
State government policies like income and business taxes are influencing some people’s decision on where to live and work. Even before the pandemic, less burdensome taxes in Texas drew huge tech companies like Tesla,... View more
Austin ranked best-performing city for jobs despite pandemic
From August 2019 to August 2020, the metro area saw an employment loss of 2.7%, or 29,800 jobs, according to a report published September 22 by the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce. Despite that massive dip, it still... View more
Austin New Home Sales Hit Annual Record Levels Amid Pandemic
Data from each of the 4 major cities in Texas .. Austin was not alone in this success as annual highs also were recorded in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Austin home builders also saw a surge in pending... View more
August 2020 Austin Market Report
As the traditional selling season wound down in August, the Austin-Round Rock MSA posted a 12% increase in closed sales from the same time last year and a 11% increase in median price to $335,000. According to the... View more
Experience with financing without W2
Good afternoon all, I'm working with an investor who is trying to finance a duplex. They own a company but have tried to limit their W2 income for tax purposes. Excellent credit, able to put down 25% on the property... View more
Accurate Property Tax Calculators
Hi BP Austin,  OOS investor here. Are there any accurate property tax calculators for Northern Austin properties ? (Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander, Pflugerville, etc). I see that some of the counties have calculators... View more
People still moving to Austin during the pandemic?
Austin Business Journal reports Austin has been the fastest-growing major city in the country for nine straight years, from 2010 to 2019. And in July, a milestone was reached — the City of Austin estimated its... View more
Negative cashflow in Austin
Hello BP, I am a new multifamily investor in Austin and its suburbs real estate market. I am monitoring the market for few months and analyzing the properties. My strategy is to buy and hold and focusing more on... View more
Amazon carts in 1,700 new jobs across Austin
"Amazon is adding more than 1,700 full- and part-time jobs in the Austin area, the e-commerce behemoth announced September 14." "According to the Austin Business Journal, Seattle-based Amazon employs 4,000 people in... View more
Virtual Meet-ups in Austin, TX
I am in the Austin,TX area looking to either find or create a investor friendly meet-up to build relationships, share strategies and tips. With the pandemic and social distancing, I know some meet-ups have either been... View more