• New to Real Estate
  • Dallas
Votes |
Newbie's Tentative Game Plan

Andrew Schmidt
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas
Posted Oct 10 2019, 17:37

So. I've read some real estate books, and I would like to make the leap into being financially free. I've started by researching which cities have the best market to buy properties (I aim to use the buy and hold strategy? For now?) using the criteria of projected population increase, strongest economy, and price to rent ratio for now. It's a lot, and I've only narrowed the cities I want to move to to like, 30. And before I do more in depth research (crime, price to income ratio, taxes, landlord laws, etc.) potentially costing me dozens of hours I want to make sure I'm not grossly overlooking something in my inexperience. Has anyone ever undertaken anything like this? I have the freedom to move wherever, and I want to set myself up for success as best I can as early on as I can.

Also- I live in The Domain, and I am very much willing to meet with anyone in person who is willing to provide the advice needed for me to succeed. I've read that there are ways a newbie can give back to people willing to take the time to share their experience and knowledge. I aim to be in this business until my goals are met, and hope to make as many mutually beneficial relationships as I possibly can.

Loading replies...