Bahamas

14 Replies

G'Day everyone,

I hope you're all well and pumping the numbers daily.

I am very interested in purchasing a holiday home in the Bahamas but don't know how to go about it. I absolutely love it there as its the only place in the world where I can switch of and not think about my phone or laptop lol

If anyone has ever purchased a property in the Bahamas I would very much love to hear from you.

Anyone else that knows the pro's and con's of buying in the Bahamas please chime in also.

Your favorite Aussie thanks you all in advance :)

Love the "favorite Aussie" line. I'm here just to hear others opinions on the matter. 

Originally posted by @Ryan Dossey :

Love the "favorite Aussie" line. I'm here just to hear others opinions on the matter. 

lol

Thanks Ryan :)

Have a great weekend

@Engelo Rumora

Didn't know turning off was part of your vocab :)

By the way gutsy move on what you announced today will be interesting to see how or if it affects you.

I have looked into this and the first thing I would ask is why Bahamas? If it is just the beach and getting away I would encourage you to look at other areas that are similar as well since each one has factors that make it a good investment and, at least to me, all provide a good get away but each has its own climate in terms of retirees and even entire businesses moving down there. I actually looked at some stuff in DR that was interesting. 

Originally posted by @Charles Worth :

@Engelo Rumora

Didn't know turning off was part of your vocab :)

By the way gutsy move on what you announced today will be interesting to see how or if it affects you.

I have looked into this and the first thing I would ask is why Bahamas? If it is just the beach and getting away I would encourage you to look at other areas that are similar as well since each one has factors that make it a good investment and, at least to me, all provide a good get away but each has its own climate in terms of retirees and even entire businesses moving down there. I actually looked at some stuff in DR that was interesting. 

Thanks Charles,

At a stage now where I need to buy back my time a bit and make it more sustainable for the long run. Going Gung Ho like I have been the last 2 years is a recipe for funeral homes haha

One of my favorite quotes is "Learn how to say NO to the good opportunities so you can say YES to the great ones. Plus have so much demand and have built a ton of hype and buzz around what we do which in return allows us to make such moves and be even pickier.

Our existing investors give us bulk orders for 5-10 properties at a time lol

I'm even considering pulling down from 50 investors total.

Bahamas mate, the people make that place a dream. Love it

I to looked into DR, not many sandy beaches was what turned me off. I need white sand and turquoise blue water 

Thanks

This seems to discuss the basics:

Bahamas Real Estate

In many Caribbean countries, it is very difficult for non-residents, non-citizens to own real estate, but it looks like Bahamas is less burdensome than most.  I looked into this for Bonaire at one point, for the same reason you list, but the laws were VERY restrictive and I didn't look anywhere else.

Originally posted by @Linda Weygant :

This seems to discuss the basics:

Bahamas Real Estate

In many Caribbean countries, it is very difficult for non-residents, non-citizens to own real estate, but it looks like Bahamas is less burdensome than most.  I looked into this for Bonaire at one point, for the same reason you list, but the laws were VERY restrictive and I didn't look anywhere else.

Thanks Linda,

I'll check it out :)

Originally posted by @Charles Worth :

@Engelo Rumora

Belize is also a good one, a lot of people retire down there. 

I'll check it out :)

I did NOT like the DR. Food was ehhh. Beaches were just okay. I won't go back. Too many places in the world to visit. 

@Engelo Rumora

I'd like to stay abreast of your progress in Bahamas. I've set my sights on Barbados (family). I have citizenship so the ability to own isn't my problem - it's finding a deal! You may try looking at vacation rental properties on VRBO or homeaway, for example, them emailing the owners to see if they would be willing to sell. A lot of those owners are not residents of the country anyway. I've done this with moderate success (in replies, not deals closed). I'm still trying to get a property, Good luck!

I'm from the Bahamas, did you have any luck so far?

I'll probably be traveling to Long Island in the Bahamas early next year to look at a few properties.

I'd be happy to catch up for a conch salad in Nassau if anyone is keen? lol

Thanks and have a great day.

Let's connect when you do, I'm from Nassau, Bahamas

Engelo Rumora

Originally posted by @Andre Moncur :

Let's connect when you do, I'm from Nassau, Bahamas

Engelo Rumora

Sounds good Andre,

You can email me on the email in my signature.

I'm planning a visit mid Feb.

Lets stay in touch

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.