Votes
Jack F.
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
USA vs Australia

Jack F.
  • New York City, NY
Posted Dec 29 2015, 22:08

I'm in research mode and am planning to make my first purchase in 2016.

Lots of the training and success stories on the internet are based on USA investors and properties. When comparing to the Australian market it is proving considerably harder to find the kind of deals you guys can find (In the US).

Can anyone shed some light on if they have had success finding deals with similar ROI and COC return in the AU market?. Basically the rental returns and Flipping margins I am reading about on the USA market seem unrealistic/much more rare in this market. (Hopefully someone can prove me wrong).

Another difference is out Capital Gains Tax. Which can be as big as 50%. This discourages me from taking on the strategy of perusing smaller deals then "Levelling-Up, basically high capital gains tax when selling can slow down the growth unless everything that is bought is a long term rental. This is unlikely. Is the capital gains tax the same for the US? How do other AU investors work with this when they are "Levelling-Up"?

Any advise would be much appreciated, I have learnt form business that adequate research upfront pays dividends for years to follow, looking to take on the same approach here.

Loading replies...