Votes
Sonu Sundar
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
Dubai real estate investment

Sonu Sundar
  • Plano, TX
Posted Aug 17 2017, 09:11

I am a USA citizen and do not have much knowledge or trips to Dubai, but interested in investing in Dubai Real estate. 

CAn some one shed me some lights on how foreigner can invest in Duabi, which firms that I can go through, who are reliable and keep my investment safe and able to get some decent returns, and what are the tax consequences for earning potential from outside the country?

appreciate all the input.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 6 2024, 09:35
Quote from @Jonathan McKay:

@Sonu Sundar - I evaluated Dubai real estate investment last year, as the cash flow seemed reasonable, and the appreciation potential looks significant. However, required downpayments were typically 40-50%, and would be difficult without a residency visa. When I ran the numbers compared to US real estate, the added leverage potential here meant that it was not worth the additional hassle to continue investigating Dubai. 

@Charles Rosenbaum - I would love to hear if you've found something that would prove my assumptions wrong! 

I have a premium condo in Dubai that cash flows $10K per month and price is less than $1M. The appreciation is more than 10%. The main thing is to stick with great location and premium properties. The premium LTR and STR tenants have a lot of money there and without residency one cannot be an LTR tenant. That helps get good rentals from business executives who travel there. For 2M aed, you get residency. The challenge is that in US, for that kind of premium property, you have to shell out north of $3M. Also, when interests were low in US, Heloc used to be a good option. But it's a bubble and they are making a lot of changes in the laws to continue that bubble. Location is the most imp thing there. The strategic location view is
1) It is the USA of the middle east
2) Very close and safe travel destinations for Europeans and Asians 
3) Direct flights to every big city in the world London, Sydney, SF, LA, you name it
4) Safe haven for lot of Internationally floating money 
5) Good investments in tech, healthcare, infra and education. 

So, I invested and the vision/execution is good to where they were just in the past 20yrs. The fundamental thing is also that in Asia and Middle East, the jobs & buying power of people have skyrocketed exponentially in the past 10yrs, much better than western countries today. They project doubling of population by 2040. Hope this helps. 

User Stats

Votes
Lucy Parker
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dubai UAE
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dubai UAE
Replied Feb 7 2024, 08:30

It sure is the NEXT USA of the world here in Dubai! I can 100% agree with the above.

Im British and have been living in Dubai myself 13 years, I bought a property last year and it has already appreciated 50% in just 10 mths , thats 100% ROE on what I put in as it was an offplan property!

I also sell real estate in Dubai with Keller Williams so very happy to guide you too if you want more info.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Lucy Parker
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dubai UAE
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dubai UAE
Replied Feb 7 2024, 08:32

HI there

I live and own property here in Dubai. Im British and have been in Dubai for 13 years also selling real estate at Keller Wiliams so very happy to help with any questions you may have.

So I bought my own property here in Dubai last year, an offplan townhouse at 2.1 mill aed , today it is worth 3 mill aed! I paid just half of the price on it and have now made 50% appreciation on an unfinished home ..or 100% ROE on what I have actually paid. Im happy to run through this with anyone who may want to know more on Dubai real estate.

I will be speaking in Las Vegas for KW in 2 weeks on global luxury real estate also.