Skip to content
International Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Nina Atenburger
  • Berlin, Germany
Votes |
House Hacking and investing in Rental Apartments in Berlin!

Nina Atenburger
  • Berlin, Germany
Posted Sep 5 2018, 18:30

Hi there!

I am currently on a one-year long "mini-retirement" traveling the world and plan on moving to Berlin sometime in 2019. I am learning as much as I can about real estate investing and house-hacking.

My plan: Investing in multi-tenant 2-3 bedroom apartments in Berlin, Germany. A 2-3 bedroom would be great if the layout would allow for the living room to be converted into a bedroom. My man and I would then sleep in the living room and the remaining rooms would be rented out to long-term tenants and through Airbnb. That'd be the ideal scenario. If not we'd shoot for a 3 bedroom apartment and would rent out 2 rooms while living in the other one.

I plan on getting started as soon as I am physically in Berlin (and qualify for a loan). This brings me to my questions.

- Does anyone on here have experience in investing in apartments in Berlin? If yes, I'd love to connect! If no, do you know anyone who does?

- I am thinking that house-hacking an apartment in Berlin would be the best way to get started or do you think a single family home would be a better option? What's your experience?

I'd love to connect with anyone who is house-hacking/running multi-tenant properties in Berlin or has plans to do something similar. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Big thanks to @Scott Trench and @Craig Curelop for inspiring me!

Much love from Taiwan,

Nina

Loading replies...