Skip to content
Fort Worth Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Dylan F.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
NEW MEMBER Intro! Dallas/Fort Worth Market. Section 8 Housing.

Dylan F.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Posted Aug 23 2017, 20:15

Hello all! My name is Dylan Fitzgerald, and I live in the Mid-Cities of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. I just recently decided to make the plunge and join BP as a pro member a few weeks ago after listening to several podcasts while driving (I drive a lot for my job). I have a full time job as a medical device sales consultant, but want to start investing into real estate on the side. I'm 26 years of age and have never done a deal, so I am a complete and total newbie to this world. My goals (like most people on BP) are to generate enough rental income to live off of so I can have the FREEDOM to do what I want, when I want. Is that too much to ask? 

Anyway, I've been researching all the different ways to invest into real estate (wholesaling, BRRRR, flipping, etc.), and feel that Section 8 housing rentals is my "in" since I'm young, and don't have a ton of money to invest upfront. I'm also not afraid of the "sketchy" parts of town, which I hear is a big deterrent for most people in regards to Section 8. For those of you who have done Section 8 Housing (especially those of you in DFW), is it a good idea to get into that type of investing early on? Also, is it possible to use the BRRRR strategy for Section 8 Housing? Again, I'm a newbie, so bare with me if I don't make a ton of sense!

Also, what are some good REI groups in the area? I would prefer groups near me (I live right by DFW airport), but all suggestions are obviously welcome!

Loading replies...