Votes
Trina P.
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Transitioning out of a full-time job into real estate

Trina P.
  • Fort Worth, TX
Posted Jan 21 2020, 19:03

My husband is working full-time at his job which pays well but is full of stress and long hours making it difficult to spend enough time on real estate. We want to get him out ASAP and transition him into working full time in real estate. I work full-time as well but my job is awesome so no complaints there. I ran some calculations and we could get by for the next few years with my husband reducing his income down to $50k a year (about half what he's making now). We currently have two properties under our belt. One buy and hold and another flip we're selling soon. We're planning on purchasing a multifamily here in Fort Worth where we live within the next few weeks and our long term goal is to build up our portfolio with buy and hold properties that can make us financially independent. 

My question is, can anyone provide recommendations for career options that could work as the Interim solution whether part-time or full-time for my husband as we transition him into full-time real estate? The interim would ideally be related to real estate and help increase our knowledge. The reason we would be willing to take such a salary cut is to invest in more free time to focus on real estate. He's 5 years into his career in construction management so we have considered an inspector, appraiser, wholesaler, project manager of some sort but we need more ideas especially with jobs that have a flexible schedule. Any other insight/feedback would be great. Thank you in advance!  

Loading replies...