• Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Market of the Moment: 1/28/2022

Alan Walker
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Jan 28 2022, 04:39

Who else remembers after school specials? For those of your under 40, they were the made-for-tv Lifetime movie, but instead of a husband cheating his wife Joan, with her twin sister, Jackie. and Joan raising their baby as her own kind of stuff, it was related to teenagers and giving feels and addressing our “issues”.

I remember one where it talked about anorexia. Even though Sally had all the food she could want, her body image wouldn’t let her believe she was skinny enough so she kept losing more and more weight. This is a real issue for everyday people. It's also an issue for our market right now.

We are down to 141 actives homes under 700,000 in ALL of Salt Lake County. A recent project of mine went under contract, multiple offers in 4 days, offer accepted above asking.

We aren’t seeing the mania we saw last February/March when I was receiving 32 offers on a listing, but we almost back there.

The cold weather is always the indicator of when the market picks up. Many people say “we’ll buy a house in the spring”. If you are trying to buy, get in the Thunderdome now, before its even more crowded.

Loading replies...