• Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Rain Gutters are the Sexiest Thing To Buy This Fall

Alan Walker
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Nov 12 2018, 10:21
Well, we've made it, another fall in Utah. And its lasted longer than 2 weeks, which is a win.
A lot of people have asked me why gutters are so important, especially in fall. Next to replacing a roof, gutters are about the least sexy thing about your house. "I love this house, just look at those gutters!" said no one ever. Through selling and flipping a ton of homes and holding my own rentals, I've found that the best reason to have gutters is to keep water away from the foundation and keep ice from forming in walkways. Supes, sexy, right?
Many of the homes I sell or flip are more than 50 years old. Foundations become more susceptible to settling and water damage the older they get. Whether you plan on being in your home until retirement or want to make sure you can get top dollar for your home when you're ready to upgrade, keep your gutters clean to make sure you don't have a nasty surprise down the road.

If you'd like a good referral to a gutter professional, just let me know. I've got a lot of trusted providers I work with.

Loading replies...