Pros and Cons of Investor Groups

3 Replies

Hi guys! I’m pretty new to the BP community and to real estate investing. So I’m excited to get to know some of you! I have a friend who is gathering a small team of people interested in buy and hold investing. On this team is someone who has a couple deals under his belt (mostly flips though). I think it would be wise for me to partner up with this small group because of my limited experience, knowledge, and funds. But I was hoping to call upon some of your experience as to the pros and cons. What are some things that I should look out for? Thanks everyone!

@Javier Ortiz Welcome to the BP forums!  Partnering can be a good way to get started, especially if it helps you gain the knowledge base you need.  You have a great resource here with the forums as well.  I would recommend posting the details of any deal you are considering here in the forums to get other investor's perspective before you proceed to make sure you are getting a good deal for your money.  I live close to you as well and invest in our local market.  I am always happy to help out in any way that I can.  Good luck!

Thank you Amy! I’ll be sure to do that! I’d love to stay in contact with you, and pick your brain every so often.

Partnerships can be tricky. Make sure to do your homework on the deal and the person your doing the deal with lol.

For the most part, I’ve found good people in real estate investing circles but it’s just like anything else. Be aware of those that talk the talk but can’t deliver. I think we all try to help each other but at the end of the day you have to make sure that you don’t over expose or extend yourself as an individual.

Partnerships can be awesome cause they allow you to do bigger projects and more projects but keep in mind that while you might get 50% of the massive profits your also carrying 50% of the risk and debt that it takes to go after the bigger payouts.

I’d be careful about a partnership of all newbies. Make sure that you’ve got access to good feedback and reliable people that have been doing it a while. They can save you from stepping in the yogurt.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here