• Suwanee, GA
Votes |
The Seoul REI Meetup - 24 Hour Replay on Periscope

Daniel Ryu
  • Investor
  • Suwanee, GA
Posted Oct 17 2015, 02:17

Hi fellow BP Members and International Real Estate Investors,

You might feel like finding good information and connecting with knowledgeable investors is difficult while living abroad.

As Bill Clinton famously said, "I feel your pain."

I started investing in real estate in 2014 from Korea. I wanted to purchase cashflowing single family homes but I had no idea where to start.

I ended up meeting with a few knowledgeable investors out here in Korea that I met through BiggerPockets. Together we decided to create a Meetup to see if we could find others like us. Not only did we find others like us, we found a LOT OF OTHERS like us. We went from 3 to over 300 members.

At our monthly meetup this month, we were able to invite a very special BP guest: @Ben Leybovich - who graciously stayed up past 1:30am to speak to our group and help educate them on investing. He even took the time to go into great detail, analyzing a property for us using a spreadsheet he created for the group. 

Normally the only people who get to benefit from our meetups are those who attend. But this time, we decided to do something special - we broadcast the meetup on Periscope and we wanted to present the links for others to watch.

It's not just for international investors; anyone who's interested in investing and running the numbers and analyzing investments will gain from Ben's presentation.

We also have a short segment on the Korean market that a few of our members requested.

Introduction and Ben Leybovich on the Meetup

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aPH8kTFXTEVSUHlrRHpLYkR8MWRSSlpCWEFOVm9KQj7wRXNypWq6IsfUvqGgwXEw4F6Ln-4Z7LbPdJRNdHsX

* Introductions from the Group

* Ben Leybovich Speaks (Ben goes through a spreadsheet that he created specifically for our meetup. He discusses capital expenditures, cashflow, turnkey, and why he thinks that $40,000 properties won't cashflow. You definitely want to check it out! Ben really does go into the type of detail that normally you would have to pay to learn. So we're very grateful to him for taking the time to put that together for us and for teaching us his perspective!)

Korean Market Overview

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aPH89jFXTEVSUHlrRHpLYkR8MXluS09RTlZSbnpKUhRz9BRLac9eCSkxtwfdLZd24l4_fZ7bFOorAX5RXsyh

* Research on different areas in the Korean Market

Hope the BP community finds value in the videos. Feel free to reach out anytime if you'd like to share more ideas about how to invest from abroad!