• Seattle, WA
Votes |
Seattle Real Estate meet up

Austin Guzman
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Dec 14 2021, 13:12

Hey everybody! I recently moved to Seattle and was hoping to find a good group of people to attend a real estate meet up with. I live in Belltown right now but I’m happy to get out of the area to meet some good people and find some investment properties. Let me know if anyone out there has some good suggestions for me. Hope to hear from y’all soon! Cheers. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 26 2023, 13:41

Hey everyone, this thread is a year old but would love to join some real estate meetups and chat with some like minded people in the area.

Let me know if you are a part of anything that would fit!

User Stats

Votes
Michael Haas
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle Investor: 80 Client HouseHacks & Counting! I Own: 🏠7 LTRs 🗻6 STRs, 🏘️3 DADU's
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle Investor: 80 Client HouseHacks & Counting! I Own: 🏠7 LTRs 🗻6 STRs, 🏘️3 DADU's
Replied Feb 27 2023, 09:01

@Kevin Todhunter our next Investor and HouseHacker meetup is tomorrow, Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM at Compass Real Estate 837 N 34th St Suite 100 · Seattle, WA. To RSVP just google "HouseHack Seattle Meetup" and we should be the first result. Would love to see you there!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find Investor-Friendly Agents in Seattle Work with an agent who understands your needs as an investor and helps you find the best deals.

User Stats

Votes
Eric Yu
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Mar 1 2023, 12:29
Quote from @Kevin Todhunter:

Hey everyone, this thread is a year old but would love to join some real estate meetups and chat with some like minded people in the area.

Let me know if you are a part of anything that would fit!

Hey Kevin! @Michael Haas and team have a great meetup. I host one of my own with The FI Team Seattle as well: https://www.biggerpockets.com/... Our meetup is focused on House Hackers & Short Term Rental Investors. We have a variety of speakers that come & our next speaker will be talking about multi-family development/construction. You won't want to miss it!

Feel to reach out personally if you have any questions. 

User Stats

Votes
Michael Haas
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Mar 2 2023, 15:20

@Eric Yu thanks for the plug man! In addition to the HouseHack Seattle & FI Team's events I would check out WAREI on facebook, Fixated on Real Estate's conference (Limitless in Pheonix), and Real Estate @ Work

User Stats

Votes
Angelique Tinney
Pro Member
  • Bellevue, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Bellevue, WA
Replied Mar 5 2023, 08:17

@Kevin Todhunter  Check out the Seattle area local real estate investor association at REAPSweb online.  There are 6 events a months on a huge variety of topics.  You can scroll back through the calendar to see the kind of events put on.  Also for anyone doing rehabs, you get discounts at Home Depot, so that is another great reason for everyone here to check it out, as you'll probably get several hundred to thousands back each year.

User Stats

Votes
Albert Bui
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Bellevue WA & Orange County, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Bellevue WA & Orange County, CA
Replied Apr 17 2023, 08:50
Quote from @Richard Libutti:

Hey there, 

I am an investor, primarily in Multifamily -- most of my portfolio being in South Florida...

With that said, I am looking to pull out of the market here, slowly, and head to the PNW as risk is lower than it is here (rising sea level, hurricanes, and overall expenses are brutal), and I would love to network. 

Otherwise, I work as a director of business development for a company with an office in Washington, and I am  getting ready to launch a meet-up -- virtually to start, with local breweries meetups, etc. down the road.

I am happy to discuss and exchange ideas, info, and my experience, so feel free to shoot me a message and we can jump on a call. 

Richard

Hi Richard

I know of some groups that host a virtual meetup so you can attend if you're physically over there in Miami/dade county or broward counties. Try Seattle Investors Club or SIC, @Julie Clark is a wealth of knowledge and great ambassador for the area.

Additionally we have our monthly meetups in bellevue, WA as well as  @Michael Haas with his house hack meetup which usually has great topics, networking, surprise panels of experts sharing great tips, strategies, and ideas.

REAPS - real estate association of puget sound - @Angelique Tinney has great panels, monthly meetups in Bellevue, WA and across the sound too.

Most of us are local PNW seattle investors and can help coordinate that transition from dade/miami/broward counties.

Both FL and WA are no income tax states with relatively low property taxes from what I've seen. The main advantage you'll see with PNW property is that you'll have slightly lower property tax, probably 10-20% lower (average PNW seattle propert tax is .80% of market value or 1% of assessed) and you typically dont need to provide AC unlike FL, and insurance is about 40-50% the price of FL (depending on the kind of structure you have in FL). Im not saying PNW is perfect either but operating expense is the unsexy part of investing no one likes to talk about.

best of luck,

@Matthew Kwan

@Carlos Valencia

• Lender Georgia (#1780583), Oregon (#1780583), Virginia (#1780583), Florida (#1780583), Oklahoma (#1780583), Colorado (#1780583), Washington (#1780583), California (#1780583), Texas (#1780583), Idaho (#1780583), and Tennessee (#1780583)

• Avenue One Capital Inc
Avenue One Capital Inc Logo

User Stats

Votes
David Billings
  • Investor
  • Silverdale, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Silverdale, WA
Replied Apr 17 2023, 14:38

I host a meetup in Kitsap every third Thursday from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM in Silverdale at Fulerz Cafe.  We get a great mix of new investors, experienced investors, lenders, contractors, brokers etc.  Mastermind and networking focused.  No pitching systems or big sales but always mention any deals you have or any kind of need.  No charge, but bring business cards to pass around if you have them.  My starter mastermind topic for tomorrow evening 4/18 will be attracting attention to your business VS the competition.  No charge, I cover the venue fee & encourage you to buy a coffee from our host if you are thirsty.  Hope to see some new faces tomorrow.

User Stats

Votes
Ran Iarovich
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington
Replied Apr 24 2023, 07:58

eventbrite.com has some pretty cool events always popping up