Seeking investors in Grays Harbor, Olympia, and Tacoma

8 Replies | Seattle, Washington

Hi Folks,

I'm new to REI and looking to connect with locals in Seattle, Redmond, Bellevue that are currently investing in Grays Harbor, Olympia, and Tacoma. I'm particularly interested in Grays Harbor as the prices are relatively low compared to Seattle and surrounding suburbs. However, I haven't visited these areas yet since I just recently moved to Washington and am just starting out my REI business.

If you invest in these areas, how long have you been investing there for and what is your opinions on these markets for Flips and Buy & Hold?

Thanks!

Bryan

Welcome to BiggerPockets Bryan. You've found a great resource for learning REI. I believe @Brandon Turner is from your neck of the woods.

Make sure to check out the Bigger Pockets Ultimate Beginners guide and online course. There's a wealth of knowledge in the podcast and blogs. The forum has a ton of experts, experienced, and newbies alike, so don't feel afraid to ask questions.

Good luck!

@Bryan Gislason Welcome to the great world of BP! I might  not be up north but have made some awesome connections with REIs that I'm sure would be happy to help answer your questions. 

Good luck to you and don't hesitate to reach out any time..

@Aaron Miley How is life on the Eastside?  

Promotion
Baselane
All-in-one Financial Hub for Rentals
Still using Excel to manage your rental finances?
Simplify rent collection, bookkeeping, banking, reporting, and taxes. Less stress, higher ROI.
Learn More

Life's good! Just put 7 offers in this week, got an off-market interested in selling, meeting up on Saturday to buy the property. Glad I just listened to podcast 77 a couple time and have been practicing negotiation techniques on my mother-in-law.

Just have to keep an eye on this market, Spokane is warm-hot now and a lot of new faces in the game (including my own).

@Aaron Miley that's funny. I just listened to podcast 77, a great one for sure on negotiation. 

I've been checking out Spokane as well as a potential market and am open to it, though the distance from Seattle as a beginner REI isn't ideal.

@Cj Juan I'd love to chat with any REIs you know in my neck of the woods. I have so many questions to ask! I'm heading to a meetup in Olympia this evening which is exciting. I'm just about done reading Rich Dad Poor Dad and starting on 'Investing in Duplexes, Triplexes, and Quads'

Grays Harbor is a great area to invest in. There are many deals to be had......

There are a few investors in the area that have been at it well over 20 years and still flipping.... 

Let me know if you ever have any questions.