Is the Seattle market picking back up?

6 Replies

My home inspector told me during an inspection it's come back in a big way lately, as in he's suddenly busy all the time again. 

What are other real estate professionals in the area seeing?

Yes, I’ve seen several multiple offer situations in the last week which is something I haven’t seen in months. Economists are forecasting 2019 to be a strong year with house prices increasing another 7.5% in King and Snohomish Counties.

spring  around corner …..rates  holding low ….seems  busier in KING county to me too

Yup! Anyone who’s been buying during the past 6 months will be very happy they did over the next 6 months IMO

As someone considering getting into this market, I'm interested in what properties people are investing in for rentals. We have looked at Bothell but the rents just don't seem to be high enough to cover mortgages (assuming around 4.75%/30).  Are people just flipping or is investing in rentals viable and where?

Hey Graham - I have been watching and seeing the same thing. Seems like home values are increasing faster than rents so buying to rent doesn't make sense to me either.

Originally posted by @Peter Grilley :

Hey Graham - I have been watching and seeing the same thing. Seems like home values are increasing faster than rents so buying to rent doesn't make sense to me either.

Keep looking, there are deals. Harder to find but they are there once in a while. Never buy for appreciation alone, always make sure the property cash flows. That's how you stay out of trouble if you lose your job or the economy turns and you're stuck holding after a down turn...

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here