• Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
How is the Seattle market doing now? Seems still down and slow

Jack B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Jul 22 2019, 09:55

I see a lot of new inventory coming online, pending sales slowing, days on market increasing, price reductions, new construction permits being down, etc. 

User Stats

Votes
Marc Luzuriaga
  • Developer
  • Mukilteo wa
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Mukilteo wa
Replied Jul 22 2019, 10:10

market update from some local experts is below i've seen a few other blogs with similar lines of though and data. seems like there is a little bit of cooling but i don't think we will see any drastic drops in prices in the coming months/year lots of big companies are still moving here and bribing their high paid employees with them.

https://www.heatondainard.com/market-update-june-2019/?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-heatondainard&utm_content=later-2791476&utm_medium=social&utm_source=instagram

User Stats

Votes
Megan Shay
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Poulsbo, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Poulsbo, WA
Replied Jul 22 2019, 11:11

All depends on the price point. Lower end, hot hot hot. $1-1.5M+, dropped like a rock last fall and still slow. Used to be, on Mercer Island (for example), anything with a decent lot and some sort of house on it would be at least $1M. Now, prices have slipped to ~$950k, and they'll sit if overpriced/too much work...and not a good enough lot to tear down/build. 

Kitsap (and Pierce) have been heating, up though. I live in Poulsbo. Prices are up 10% YoY, and expected to keep moving in that direction as more and more techies move to Seattle and the Eastside. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes