Skip to content
Spokane Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Jerold Tan-Franco
  • Burnaby, British Columbia
Votes |
Canadian Looking to invest in spokane. need all kinds of advice!

Jerold Tan-Franco
  • Burnaby, British Columbia
Posted Feb 7 2017, 16:05

Hi guys, 

So as the title says, I'm a Canadian from Vancouver BC eager to get into the real estate game. However, Vancouver is a very hard place to start with the average detached house costing 1 million dollars (750k USD). My only real option is to look elsewhere, so I did some research and I really like the spokane area. It also helps that we share a border, so its not too far from home. 

Of course long distance investing has its own problems, but hopefully you guys can help me out a bit with that. My plan is to be a buy and hold investor, focusing on multi family homes in the 100k range. I've been looking on the MLS and that price range seems reasonable around spokane, but I know nothing about the neighborhoods that im looking at so I might be wrong. Thats where I'm hoping to get some expertise.

What neighborhoods should I focus on, and which should I avoid? 

Do you have any investor friendly realtors you could suggest? 

can you recommend good property managers and contractors?

how about property scouts? or anyone wholesaling multi-family houses in the area?

I really need some "boots on the ground" friends that would be willing to work with a long distance investor. I do plan to make many trips to Washington to see the areas, and I hope I can get in on some of the local meetups. However for right now, I'm just trying to learn all I can, so please feel free to unload any piece of advice you can offer on me. Thanks in advance! 

Loading replies...