Skip to content
Spokane Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Christina Z.
Votes |
Invest in Spokane this summer? Looking for a duplex or tri.

Christina Z.
Posted May 13 2021, 11:18

Hi friends!

I am ready to move into a new market within the next 6 mo. and Spokane is of interest. Interested in a rental duplex/triplex. Does anyone have an insight on how the local economy and planned growth there? Are people moving into/out of Spokane as a result of the pandemic?  Open to insight on specific neighborhoods or to make connections to discuss.

Last question- Is anyone doing STR or AirBnB out there (and could share insight)?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Dave Skow
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Replied May 13 2021, 11:24

Christina  -  I have been working with several  clients  buying  in Spokane area  and  all  ae  commenting that its much harder to land a  deal  due to competition and  also   seeing  prices   increasing at a fast pace ..... get pre approved  ( if  financing is needed) make sure  you are   familiar with the differences  between  2plex and 3 plex  transactions ..thanks 

User Stats

Votes
Trevor Ridgway
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Spokane, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Spokane, WA
Replied May 13 2021, 11:33

Hey Christina! I’m an agent here in spokane, and yes there are lots of people moving here. The market doesn’t seem to be slowing down for the foreseeable future. Duplexes and triplexes are a hot commodity right now everything is going for much more than asking price.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan McKay
  • Investor
  • Spokane WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Spokane WA
Replied May 15 2021, 12:02

Local economy is doing well, planned growth depends on what dimension you want to look at. 

We currently have 2 STS units, and we are seeing a surprising number of people who are staying to 'determine if they want to live in Spokane'. This ties well with the ~15% pre-to-post pandemic rent appreciation that we are seeing and the hot market that Dave and Trevor are mentioning. 

User Stats

Votes
Riley Bogue
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Spokane Washington
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Spokane Washington
Replied May 18 2021, 10:46

Hey Christina, I'm a Spokane agent, like the others have said above pre-approval is crucial right now. We are seeing a good amount of multi units coming on the market (personal interest of mine so I keep a close eye on them) they just go quick. One nice thing at the moment as an investor is that the vacancy rate in Spokane is ~1% so keeping units filled won't be a challenge for the near future unless something big happens. Still a good amount of out of state buyers/renters coming into the area keeping the market hot.

User Stats

Votes
Dave Skow
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Oct 11 2022, 12:56

@Christina Z.- hi there -  checking   in to see  if you have any  current loan  questions or needs ....Are you  still considering  buying in WA ?