Moving to Tacoma/Lacey/Olympia area

15 Replies

Bigger Pockets, my wife and I will be moving to the Tacoma/Lacey/Olympia area in the fall and we are in need of a realtor in the area to help us find a primary home. I will be stationed at Ft. Lewis.

Please if any members are agents or have agents you highly recommend please contact me with the information.

As always thanks again BP nation!

~John

John- I am sue you will receive some good agent referrals on this site ......if you need some additional  referrals  - let me know ...also  if you will need financing  - don't   forget to get yourself  pre approved so that you can  have all your ducks  lined up to make an offer on  a property if needed 

Hi @Ken Eck ! An early welcome to the Pacific Northwest and thank you for your service to our great country! Tacoma/Lacey/Olympia are great areas, and I think you and your family will be happy here (plus it doesn't get as hot as it does in Texas). 

Hi @Ken Eck ,

My husband and I just sold our home in the Spanaway, WA area with a realtor named Teresa Lambrecht from crescent realty. We are a military family and we enjoyed working with Teresa since her husband was also military so she is very familiar with some of the challenges we face in relocating.  Also Glen Leach from Veteran's United was very helpful for lending.  If you have any other questions please feel free to each out!  We were stationed at Mccord for the past 6 years and we absolutely loved it.  I'd be happy to tell you more about some of the areas around the base if you want and if you want the phone numbers for Teresa and Glen I can message them to you.

Hi @Ken Eck , I currently live in the area and my husband was at Lewis when he was at the Ranger Batt. I am a full time Realtor with Keller William. If you are still interviewing for an agent, I would appreciate the opportunity to interview for the job. I understand the relocation process and also have a few great lenders with amazingly low up front costs if you would like their information. Please let me know if I can assist you and your family. 

Hi Ken,

I am a local Real Estate Agent in the Lacey and Olympia area. I would love the opportunity as well to interview for the job of helping you find a home in Lacey, Olympia or Tacoma. Coincidently, I am in the process of getting my home in Lacey listed here in the next few weeks. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Alan Gaan

Century 21 NW

Real Estate Agent in Washington (#121674

@Ken Eck

Hi Ken,

Let's connect!

I have been living in the Olympia area since 2003. I own properties in Lacey and Tumwater, so I know the area pretty well.

I run a REI happy hour meetup each month. When you get here, it would be awesome if you could join us.

I am also an agent with Caliber Real Estate. If you want any info on the area, or just general tips, I would love to chat.

Ryan

Hello all, I've also gotten an assingment to McChord AFB this summer. I'm single and in my early 30s so I'm looking to house hack by buying a 2-4plex/MFR in a "hip" neighborhood where the younger population tends to live. Do you know in what areas I'd want to start looking?

Thanks in advance! 

Originally posted by @Frank A. :

Hello all, I've also gotten an assingment to McChord AFB this summer. I'm single and in my early 30s so I'm looking to house hack by buying a 2-4plex/MFR in a "hip" neighborhood where the younger population tends to live. Do you know in what areas I'd want to start looking?

Thanks in advance! 

Hi Frank, 

I would say for the most part, the areas that are "hip" are not the same as the areas that have 2-4 plexs. The more fun areas for you would probably be in Tacoma, and those neighborhoods are pricey. Finding a home with an unfinished basement you can rent out, or a garage that you can convert into a living space may be a better way to go...or a home with a lot of bedrooms that you can rent out. Have you already been pre-approved, and if so, what is your budget? 

Originally posted by @Ryan Garrison :
Originally posted by @Frank A.:

Thanks in advance! 

Hi Frank, 

I would say for the most part, the areas that are "hip" are not the same as the areas that have 2-4 plexs. The more fun areas for you would probably be in Tacoma, and those neighborhoods are pricey. Finding a home with an unfinished basement you can rent out, or a garage that you can convert into a living space may be a better way to go...or a home with a lot of bedrooms that you can rent out. Have you already been pre-approved, and if so, what is your budget? 

Ryan, thanks for the response. I have been pre-approved up to $900K. I'd prefer to keep my budget under $500K though. My criteria for purchasing is that the property is able to cash flow positively in current market place since I plan to hold as a long term rental after I move in a couple years. 

Thanks again. 

Hey @Frank A. - Hilltop Tacoma is an area that is getting lots of attention right now from investors. There is a lot of gentrification going on and people like the area due to its prolixity to 6th Ave, downtown Tacoma and freeways. My wife and I own a few rentals in Hilltop. 
Lincoln international district is another “hip” area that is going through lots of changes. There are others as well.