Michael R Fox
  • Sussex, WI
Votes |
First time caller, long time listener... Introductions

Michael R Fox
  • Sussex, WI
Posted Aug 21 2017, 19:40

Good evening everyone-

Writing this intro post has been on my list for a few weeks now.  My best buddy and business partner (@Pete Woelfel) finally convinced me to cross this off my list tonight. He asked me today over Slack what I was going to accomplish today to get myself one step closer to financial independence.  This is it...

I am new to real estate investing, looking for that first deal.  Have been reading/listening/consuming content for the past 6 months or so and @Pete Woelfel and I are about to try to acquire our first property together.  Pete has his own duplex in Wauwatosa that he house hacked years ago and is now his rental.  This will be the first one for me.

My other business partner (my wife Stephanie) and I have an agreement that I cannot actively manage the property.  So Pete is going to do that and I am going to handle all the accounting and back office stuff.  We have a number of other friends that have expressed interest in our plan to build up a portfolio of properties in the Wauwatosa and surrounding areas of Milwaukee.  We may even dabble out west here in Waukesha county where I live if we can find a good deal.

I have been trolling the forums for a while now, following most of the discussions and learning as much as I could.  Looking forward to networking with all you in the future.

Pete and I have our kick off meeting tomorrow with a Real Estate Attorney that is going to help us craft our operating agreement for the properties we hope to buy together. The last piece of the puzzle that needs to fall in place... Then we are on to making the numbers work on something we find on the MLS or through anyone around here.

Pete and I have a mostly regular weekly or bi-weekly catch up session in the morning at the Collectivo on 68th and Wells.  If anyone is interested in networking or meeting up and talking about whatever, PM one of us.

Thanks to everyone that hangs out around here for providing such fantastic content on a regular basis, looking forward to adding back to the community as Pete and I embark on this journey and hopefully add some stories of our own along the way.

-Mike

Loading replies...