Milwaukee Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Adam Salentine
Votes |
Grant money in Milwaukee, WI

Adam Salentine
Posted Oct 26 2018, 14:02

Hello everyone, my partner and I recently purchased a 12 unit multifamily apartment building in Milwaukee. We pay for all of the utilities due to renting 11 out of the 12 units to a nonprofit organization in the area that places their clients and guarantees the rent payments. My question is does anybody know of any resources for grants to remodel apartment buildings, tax incentives, or financing with incentives for remodeling? The building is highly inefficient so we are mainly looking to replace the electric base board heaters, replace windows, redo some drywall and insulate where needed. I know there are incentives or rebates through focus on energy, but with that program we cannot replace any of our heaters since they do not have incentives for electric base boards heaters and you need to replace your heating source with the same heating technology. Also, I already researched the Target Investment Neighborhood program and our property does not qualify due to being over 4 units. If anyone has any information or can help in any way I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...