• Flipper
  • Burlington, Ontario
Votes |
Discount Supplies for rehab. I show you mine you show me yours

Denis S.
  • Flipper
  • Burlington, Ontario
Posted Jul 22 2017, 10:48

Hey guys n gals, just like to start a conversation about where you get your deals when it comes to rehab materials.

For me I go to Tamarack Lumber on the north service road in Burlington for all my trim need. Half price compared to depot or Rona. Also cheap for door hinges, door frames and interior doors.

For hardwood floors, I get end of line deals from The Hardwood Flooring Stores Ltd in Toronto.  The last house I did I got a wide plank wire scraped birch for $3.75/sq foot  regular cost was close to $8

I don't really have a go-to for tile. Although Antica on bermondsey in east york sells beveled white subway cheaper than big box stores (i put that tile in almost every house I reno)  I also heard olympia tile in Toronto has deep discounts for contractors(but they don't give it to me :( ) Any recommendations appreciated. 

All the big box stores will have a credit card that you can save a few %'s or put off paying for 6 months to a year. But Rona has a contractor card that doesn't require a cc.  You save anywhere between 0%-15% depending on the product. You never really know until you cash out.

For Appliances I usually get Home Depot/Lowes to match and beat stuff you can get at Canadian Appliance Source

I am looking for cheaper interlock pavers if any you know of any in the Burlington/Hamilton area

You can also check out Renoback for random stuff.  

Auctions

Bryan's auctions in Puslinch

Auctionmaxx  (Online)

Principle liquidator's (Online)

Super Budget stuff:

Garage sales, I have picked up so much stuff while my kids hunts for transformers.  I got a large roll of ditra for $5, large bin of abs plumbing supplies for $5, wheelbarrow for $10, a NIB light fixture for $7, and a bunch of tools.

I have also done really well with 2 storage lockers that I bought.

Kijiji, and Facebook groups will also have some deals

Well that's it for now, let's hear about your go-to's

Loading replies...