MultiFamily & Apartment Investing

6 Replies

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows of any investor meetups or groups in Calgary, AB that focuses on multifamily apartments? Looking to connect with people who have done some multfamily deals. Looking for guidance and mentors.  

This post has been removed.

This post has been removed.

@Steven Mayer and @Veronica Pepin Calgarian who moved to Texas (1.5 years ago) and invests in multifamily in the US. There's not a lot of Alberta specific MF meetups because:

• Market size is small
  • Most investors think of condos/houses as opposed to multifamily (hence, less interested investors)
  • Debt-financing is hard to come (relative to the US)
  • Institutions are not as investor/landlord friendly (relative to the US)

Lots of Canadians invest south of the border for all of the above reasons plus better returns/liquidity/currency diversification. I've helped a few friends and colleagues invest through me into deals (we work with experienced sponsors and target 150+ unit apartment buildings). 

It's a whole different world south of the border. If you have any questions PM me. 

@Steven Mayer and @Veronica Pepin I wrote a book on picking markets, submarkets, and multifamily syndicators.  I will send you a complimentary digital copy if you will rate it on Amazon.  The title is "DONE! The professional's guide to double digit returns, multi-generational wealth, and a worry free retirement."  PM me if you want a copy.

Originally posted by @Brian Robbins :

@Steven Mayer and @Veronica Pepin I wrote a book on picking markets, submarkets, and multifamily syndicators.  I will send you a complimentary digital copy if you will rate it on Amazon.  The title is "DONE! The professional's guide to double digit returns, multi-generational wealth, and a worry free retirement."  PM me if you want a copy.

Brian, please email the copy of your book to p e p in veronica @ g  m ai l .  com. Thanks, Veronica 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here