British Columbia Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Melanie Cannon
Votes |
First investment advice

Melanie Cannon
Posted May 11 2018, 12:42

I am a single mom to a toddler who recently sold our condo in North Vancouver to rent something bigger with backyard access. I'm worried about leaving the sale equity doing nothing for too long and eventually getting priced out of the market, so I am looking to invest in either a pre-sale condo or property to rent and hold for a couple years before selling. The problem is that I'm pretty lost on where/what would be best for our situation. Ideally I'm looking to put 100k down on something under 450. I'm having trouble narrowing down from a pre-sale condo in say Squamish or the Fraser Valley, to a duplex or detached house in the Comox/Courtenay area. Parksville, the Sunshine Coast, and Chilliwack are also potential options. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to begin researching or whether advisors exist. Since many people on here seem to be well versed in the economics behind this, if you were in my position, which type of property would you choose and where? Not looking for a mind-blowing profit (though it would be nice!), but definitely looking for a safe option.

Loading replies...