• Surf City, NC
Votes |
Considering Investing in Newfoundland Canada

James P. Hill
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Surf City, NC
Posted Jun 18 2016, 18:59

I am considering real estate investing in Newfoundland Canada. I will soon retire from the US military with a pension and we are looking for investment opportunities. Let me explain... My wife is from Newfoundland Canada and we visit 2-8 weeks (spread over a few visits) per year depending on where we are living at the time, when I retire from the military, our visits will be more frequent and likely longer. It seems like it would be nice to have some legal work/remodeling on personally owned investment properties. That would allow more frequent and longer visits. I like the BRRRR method and have considered flipping.

Are there any Americans out there that are investing in Canada and/or more specifically Newfoundland? Is your spouse or a business partner Canadian? What BP groups discuss this type of situation? What are the right questions to ask about this idea for taxes, banking, legal working/investing laws, etc.? We have lots of family in NFLD that have tools and extensive remodeling experience. Thanks for your advice! 

JP

Loading replies...