Votes |
Thoughts on investing in Halifax(HRM)

Yuan He
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Halifax, NS
Posted Sep 29 2019, 20:07

Hello friends !

Hope all are doing great !

It is the end of Sep 2019 as I'm writing this post. Would love to hear more about folks thoughts on currently investing in Halifax(HRM).

Context: I got relocated to Halifax from NYC due to job change, and look to start my real estate investing here by doing house hacking. I've been looking at multi-unit properties with a broker for a while, two visits make me wonder whether current market is "irrational exuberance": 1)saw a gorgeous turnkey duplex only on the fourth day of it being on the market and someone else made an offer right before I preparing to make an offer..2)Booked a view for a four-plex at the earliest convenience of the owner(1 day after it being on the market), but only to find out there are 7 offers made already and some of them are made with site unseen !

So if the market is so white hot right now, should investor even consider jumping in on this wave since it might cool down a bit later ? Or if this is just a beginning which means the price is not going any cheaper, would investing in a place further but driving distance like dartmouth, bedford, sackville or even mahone, bridgewater be a better option ?

Appreciate any input on this !

Yuan

Loading replies...